Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sweet Tea Tag

  Got this "new to me" Gorjuss Girl stamp inked up, and made a tag for a dear friend. 

  All papers used are from Prima. The flower is made from several punches. Lots of paper piecing going on here! The doily is TH/Sizzix Doily die. Got out another TH stencil for the bottom. The top part of the tag I used the Elizabeth Craft Design Tags & More 2 - Deco. Coloured pencils for her face, hands and hair.


The back of the tag. Sentiment and teacups are from Stamping Bella. Used the TH/Sizzix ATC die cut. Tinted some seam binding with DI, Victorian Velvet.

  I made this tag for 2 reasons. One, my friend is going through a rough patch right now, and second, I gave her a cup and saucer that was the same pattern as her mom's, that she inherited. 

  I bought it back in the '70s when I lived on my own, and some friends and I would get together at each other's place once a week for a tea party! Lol! Now, it was just sitting in my cupboard, and at this stage in my life, we are starting to unload, so this was the perfect spot for this cup and saucer; with Melanie!

  This is the cup and saucer I gave to Melanie. It's the Royal Albert Petit Point pattern:




  This is also ties in with a Flickr group I'm in. Their challenge for July is, "Tag Your It".


  Thanks for stopping by! Hope your weekend is filled with craftiness!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^



3 comments:

Tricia Ann said...

Hi Debbie,
I am in the Flickr Love Group, too, and just commented on your lovely tag there. I, too, am new to the Gorjuss Girl stamps. I bought one several months ago and haven't used it. It wasn't exactly the one I wanted at the time, but one that was available since most others were sold out. I see this is a way I could use the top portion of my Gorjuss girl. Or did the girl come on the stamp in a teacup?

Our daughter, granddaughter and I love to do tea. My husband joins in when he is home from work. Sometimes we go to a teahouse. Our son-in-law joins in if he is available.

I like your website. I'll have to check back here again. Best wishes to you.

Tricia Ann

https://coffincardsandcreations.wordpress.com/

Janet Zeppa said...

What an adorable tag Debbie!

Paper Profusion said...

Beautifully sweet! Nicola x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...