Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Mermaid Card


Hold on tight to your dreams

  Playing with a new stamp I bought a while ago. Her name is Mergirl and she is a Santoro stamp from the Mirabelle collection.
  I stamped her on watercolour paper and then I stamped her again on another piece of watercolour paper, which I used to colour her face and hair with Copic's, watercolour pencils, colour pencils and Gamsol.
  I cut her head, including her shoulders out and attached to the first image I stamped her full body on. Next, I stamped her body on some olive green paper and cut it out and glued down. Ditto for the shell she is holding; stamped on paper that had a pearl sheen to it; cut out and attached. Same for her arm.
  Added some sequins and Liquid Pearl Rose Gold. I also paper pieced the starfish in her hair.
  The sentient is from Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker set. Added some Liquid Pearl Avocado on either end.
  The "seaweed" is cheesecloth that I inked up and sprayed with various shades of browns and greens.
  
  Fun to make! I have another one of these Mirabelle Girl stamps, and will have to try her out!

  Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a great summer! We are on our second week of vacation. Went to Prince Edward Island last week for 4 days and enjoyed it very much. Went for a bike ride in Cavendish, spent a day in Charlottetown, and just relaxed at the cottage!

Hope you find some time to get inky!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


3 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Debbie- this is probably my favorite project you have made...and that is a big statement because all of your projects are fabulous! I love this card with the beautiful details and colors. It really is a top shelf card.
You rock.

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

Debbie,
She is captivating. I especially love that you set here onto a plain watercolour paper panel which makes her all the more striking.
Wishes
Lynne

Janet Zeppa said...

She is adorable Debbie!!! I love all the different dimensions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...