Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sympathy Cards

  Sympathy cards are a challenge. Here are a couple I made recently using watercolour paper. On this one I used Distress Inks and spritzed some water on the inks and then took a heat tool to it to dry.

  The flower die cut is called, Tall Chloe Stem, and it's from Memory Box. I attached some black enamel bling on the round petals. The precious little birdie die cut is also from a Memory Box set called Resting Birds. The wooden heart is from Studio Calico and the sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up! rubber stamp set.


  On this one, I used a technique I found on Pinterest. I ripped off a piece of masking tape and inked up the sticky side with some ColourBox Chalk inks, (used the Q Pumpkin Patch set), then placed tape down on some watercolour paper (doesn't have to be watercolour paper; it's what I had handy), and press down, then take off the tape. Love the effect! Spritzed some Glimmer Mist on top as well. 
  The flower die cut is called Arianna Sprig from Memory Box, and I used the same birdie die cut, and another Studio Calico wooden heart, inked with Distress Ink Aged Mahogany.
  Added some sequins and script Washi tape.


  This is the sentiment stamp I used for both cards on the inside. It's from Impression Obsession.

  Starting a 2 week vacation! Looking forward to rest, relaxation and getting inky!


Thanks for stopping by!

i made it myself!
^..^
debbie
  



3 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Sympathy cards are tough, but your cards are are just perfect: very pretty with supportive sentiments.

Janet Zeppa said...

I agree that sympathy cards are difficult but yours are lovely! Cool technique on your second card!

Monic Deco said...



ravissant bravo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...