Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Umbrella Man for Father's Day

The journey is the destination


  I finished Mike's dad's Father's Day card. Tried to keep it one layer and as simple as possible!
  Haven't used Umbrella Man from Tim Holtz in a long time. I also haven't used this technique in awhile either, Distress Inks and spritz of water. 
  The colours I used were Mowed Lawn, Rusty Hinge with a bit of Gathered Twigs, Squeezed Lemonade, and Salty Ocean at the top. 
  Stamped some drops at the top using Deep Red Water Droplets Background stamp. 
  The sentiment along the side is from TH Small Talk Stickers. Love this set! I punched out some hearts from vellum and inked with DI Aged Mahogany, and glued on top of a stream of Mercury Glass Stickles.
  Umbrella Man was stamped on the tag, then I stamped him again on some black/gray paper and fussy cut him and glued him on top of the stamped image on the tag. Cut out the umbrella and popped up it with foam dots to give 3D look. 
  Under the tag is one of my new dies. It's from the TH set called Scribbles and Splat. 
  The seam binding is inked with the DI Squeezed Lemonade with a bit of Mowed Lawn. 

 The inside. You can see the other 2 dies from the set. Love it!

 And the back. This is the Splat die from the set. How cool is this!

  Thanks for stopping by! Hope you get out Umbrella Man and ink him up! Also, try this ink technique. Awesome results!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

2 comments:

Janet Zeppa said...

Awesome card and that splat is so coo!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Awesome card, Debbie. It is a great technique and I love your use of the new TH dies! I bet your Father in Law liked it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...