Sunday, March 15, 2015

My First Artist Trading Block!

  This was a project I started a couple of weeks ago at my Crafty Night Monthly Meet. My goal this year is to finish projects I start!
  Lots of stuff going on here! Used TH Wallflower 12x12 paper set sealed to wood block using Mod Podge. The block is 3 1/2 in. squared.
  I raided my spring display stuff for the grassy stuff and foliage, including nest. The eggs were also from my stash and hot glued in place. Used a lot of hot glue on this baby! 
  Birds, flowers, eggs, were cut out and popped up with foam. Feathers were from Atlantic Fabrics. Also used some Dew Drops and charms. Flower and butterfly were punched out using TH Wallflower Vellum set.








The base is a metal film reel I picked up at a yard sale last fall.


This is what it looked like just after I Mod Podged the paper on to the block.

Entering this in:

1. Simon Says, Things That Fly / Simon Wednesday Challenge
2. Art with Heart Challenge March "Go Green"


  ATB's or Artist Trading Blocks are really in right now. If you Google, you will find all sorts of videos and awesome creations!


  Hope you give it a go! I will be making more! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful crafty day! 


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Well that is just gorgeous! I hope your beautiful project entices Spring to head our way!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Wow you did aa awesome job for being your first Artist block . Love all the texture and detail .

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

This is beautiful!! Love the nest on the top! So very pretty! Great work!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Yours first ATB, wow. You will find these so addictive, I do! I love your ATB, the details are gorgeous, the papers are one of my favourites and I love the nest at the top. Lovely design and beautifully embellished. Thanks so much for joining in the Eileen Hull Art with Heart Challenge, wonderful to have you playing along, thank you. Tracy x

Eileen Hull said...

This is such a fabulous ATB! So glad you joined the club :-) Thanks for sharing on the blog!

Miranda said...

I absolutely adore this!! The entire piece has such an overall warm feeling, but I especially like the little unexpected details that seem to reveal themselves only after a second or third glance at a panel. My favorite: the key that makes the butterfly body. Displaying it on an old film reel is also a great choice. Thanks for sharing!

Pammejo said...

Gorgeous ATB...oh my I just love all the birds and feathers. Attention to all the details are so wonderful. Thanks for joining us on at Art with Heart Challenge.

Meme said...

Well if this is your First ATB....LOOK out world of ATB's Debbie is taking over!
Just WOW!

Thanks for joining us at Art with Heart!

weim house said...

Spring! I think it is coming! Love your box! Beautiful! Thank you for inspiring! What a great creation!

Pawsitively Creative said...

Wowzers! Your ATB is gorgeous and so full of luscious layers. The eggs add the perfect finishing touch to this masterpiece. Awesome sauce! ~Niki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...