Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine Card, ATC's and a Dotee!? Huh?

  First post of the year! My New Year's resolution is to post more, which means create more "stuff"!
  I'm on Flickr and I joined at group called Love! - Handmade Cards, ATC's and Other Crafts. They have a swap with different themes. 
  This swap was a Valentine theme. Above are my creations. Make 1 card; get 1 card. Make 2 ATC's; get 2 ATC's. Make 1 Dotee; get 1 Dotee. Dotee, what's a Dotee? My question exactly! Had to "Google" to find out what the heck I was getting myself into!
  Well, this is my Dotee that I made. Since I don't have a sewing machine, she is held together with hot glue and some hand sewing. I actually had to take the stuffing out of her as it was costing a fortune to mail! Loved creating her! Will make more for sure! Here is the site of the creator of the Dotee Doll, Dot Christian's Page There are quite a few videos out there too. Just Google and give it a go! They are treated like ATC's; you can't sell them, only swap or give as gifts. They have to be a certain size and half to have a tail of beads or ribbon, and a hanger; no arms or legs.



ATC 1
  Love this stamp from Unity, called "Frazzled" I paper pieced her and added some tiny buttons for her eyes.
  
Entering this ATC in: 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Red + Pink

ATC 2
Graphic 45 papers

Valentine Card
I am entering this card in: 

Valentine Card - Inside


Valentine Card - Back


  Great fun! Getting into the "swap thing". Love getting snail mail! Hopefully this week I will get my Dotee Doll, card and ATC's!


Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

3 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Cute card and ATC's love that Dotee too never heard of it before this posting will have to google and read more . Always nice to receive snail mail .Hugs

Angela said...

Hi Debbie! Love the ATC's and cards. I'm more of a scrapbooker but I am always so impressed with the detail in the ATC's. I have to admit when I started reading your post I was confused by what a Dotee was by now I know! You really do learn something new everyday! Can't wait to see what you get in return from the Swap!

Michelle said...

Debbie, you have been a busy woman!
Until now, I had never heard of a Dotee. Yours is so fun that I'm going to have to check into this. Love it!
Youve done a great job with your other projects too. I think Frazzled is one of my favorites. How adorable! Thank you for joining us this week for the Red & Pink Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. It was fun seeing your work. Thanks again!
Michelle
http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...