Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sympathy Card

  Sympathy cards can be a challenge to make. You don't want to make them too fancy. I have a hard time making "simple" cards. I like to layer..a lot! 
  I dug out my embossing folders. Haven't used in a while. This one is Tim Holtz and it's the Book Cover 2. 
  The feather! LOVE! This feather is one of 6 die cuts from Spellbinders Shapeabilities line, called "Feathers". I cut it out using Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine Paper.
  Couldn't help myself and did a little layering! Under the feather is a piece of drywall tape, cheesecloth, and a skeleton feather. A twine bow around the bottom of the feather and added some photo corners to finish off.
I lightly went over the embossing folder with some Distress Ink Old Paper.


  Another feather from the set. Sentiments are from an old Stampendous! stamp set called, "Thinking of You". 


The back. 

Entering this card in:
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #18: Layer it!




  This is the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Feather die set. I purchased mine at The Cutting Garden

  I keep telling myself that I will make a batch of sympathy cards to have on hand, but that hasn't happened yet.

  Weekend is coming up. Mild here today; 17C for goodness sakes! Not complaining!

  Thanks for stopping by!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^



9 comments:

rose s. said...

i just checked my emails and came upon your amazing card! i just had to comment. it is one of the most beautiful cards i've ever seen. thank you so much for sharing it.

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

Your sympathy card has a quiet elegance about it and I find it in very good taste. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

lost coast scrapper said...

Amazing card!

Donna Idlet said...

Very nice card. Love the embossing and the feather. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Janet Zeppa said...

I love the layering under the gorgeous feather!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love all the wonderful texture and shine...and layers! The color palette is perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

wendipooh13 said...

so pretty!! love the feather and embossing!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Paper Profusion said...

Truly beautiful - really wonderful as a sympathy card. Nicola x

Gloria Stengel said...

Loooove the feathers. That die set is on my wish list! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...