Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Snowman's Wish


  This is the card/tag I will be teaching at my favourite local family owned paper craft store, The Cutting Garden, right here in Halifax.
  I know what you're sayin'! Christmas card?! Really!? It's more of a winter card. In the card making business, you can't start soon enough to make cards for the holiday season! Some places have "Christmas in July" and "Stamp A Stack" get togethers specifically to make Christmas cards.
  This is another one of those Ranger large Kraft tags, folded. Also used TH Winter Wonder die cut (snowman & snowflake). Love this die set! Oldie but goodie! He was cut using sparkly paper, and inked around the edges with DI Weathered Wood and Gathered Twigs. 
  The "Wish" in his belly is also a TH die cut. There is about 4 of them, "Wish", "Hope", "Love" and "Joy". Just position the die in the centre of his belly after you cut him out. I add a little tape to make sure it doesn't move around. The blue paper was cut using TH Ornamental die cut and then I ran it through my crimper (my new favourite toy!). I actually got a travel size one just this past weekend at a yard sale for a dollar!
 All the paper is Bo Bunny "Woodland Winter". Some burlap and cheesecloth tucked in here and there.
  After trying different DI inks to tint the seam binding bow, I decided I liked it plain. Added some tulle with it.
  As well as the snowflake that came with the snowman die, I also used 3 dies from Cheery Lynn and layered them. The centre of the snowflakes are Dew Drops.





 Inside. The sentiments used here are from an old Hero Arts stamp set. The mitten tag is also from the Bo Bunny Woodland Winter paper set.
 Inside, left. This snowflake die came with the snowman die. A blue Dew Drop in the centre.
The back

 All the class info is available HERE at The Cutting Garden website. If you are in the area, would love for you to join us!

Entering this in:
Sugar Creek Hollow: #94 Tag You're It

 Cooling off here now. Nice. Love the fall! Really scary news. It snowed in Calgary Alberta. It snowed there the last 2 days. That is way too early for snow! 

 Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a creative week, and maybe get some Christmas cards done?! 

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

2 comments:

Janet Zeppa said...

Love the snowman and the vintage look Debbie!

Susan Salyer said...

This is lovely. I think you have inspired me to think Christmas :)
hugs
susan s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...