Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Special Tag In A Bag Birthday

"Best friends forever, Never apart, 
Maybe in distance, But never at Heart"

  Well this took on a life of it's own! I made this "tag in a bag" for my dear friend, Roxanne, back home in Ontario who is celebrating a special birthday. We have been friends since high school (mid '70's).
 I had made a similar bag, which you can see HERE. So many layers and die cuts! All the dies were cut out using white card stock and tinted with Distress Inks Victorian Velvet with some Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs. The flowers are all from my stash. Added a dab or two of Distress Stickles Tattered Rose and Rock Candy.
  Cheesecloth, crepe paper or party streamer, and tulle tucked in here and there.

More photos:
Here is a full view of it. Used some natural colour raffia and some tulle.


The top of the bag. Used Tim Holt Distressed Doily die cut. My fav!

Small pink safety pin hot glued to the butterfly for the body.



Seam binding tinted with Distress Ink Victorian Velvet.


 The verse I found on Pinterest. It was perfect! I printed the verse off on vellum, then cut it out with a heart die cut.


 The front of the tag. Here are a couple of photos of Roxanne and I "back in the day!" Also, our yearbook photos. Tucked in some butterfly Tissue Tape here and there. 


  The back of the tag. The stamped sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps. Background paper is from Prima. 


The back of the bag. 

  Thanks for stopping by, and leaving a word or two! Muchly appreciated! On our last week of vacation. Having a nice relaxing couple of weeks. Weather has been great too! Hope you have a great week!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

1 comment:

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Wow!! This is so beautiful! I'm not surprised it took a long time! All those details.. Totally worth it, I'm sure your friend will be in awe when she sees it. Gorgeous! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...