Friday, October 18, 2013

Birthday Butterfly Wishes


 I seem to be collecting dress form stamps and die cuts lately. Did you notice I said "collecting" and not "using"?! I do admit, I LOVE rubber stamps! There are so many dress forms stamps and dies out now. They make really nice vintage or shabby cards.
 I made this birthday card for Mike's aunt Janette. Shabby chic, wouldn't you say?

 This dress form stamp is called "Daisy Dress Form" and it's from Impression Obsession. Did some paper piecing (my favourite thing to do!). I stamped it first onto the background paper I wanted for the card. Then stamped it again on some pink/peach paper from the same set ; cut out and glued. Did the same for the butterfly, only I glued it down in the centre and folded wings up.


"Butterfly Wishes" stamp is from Stamping Bella

Papers used are from the KaiserCraft 6 1/2 paper pad set called, Sweet Nothings. Flower punch is MS Hydrangea; large and med/small punches

Inside. Sentiment stamp is Tim Holtz. Happy Birthday is Michaels. Crown stamp is from a Prima set.

 Back

Entering this card in:
1. Live & Love Crafts October Challenge: Pink
2. Vintage Stamping Challenge #13: Feminine Beauty

 Taking a vacation day today to prepare for a tag class I'm teaching at my fav papercraft store,  The Cutting Garden. But first I better get the pot roast in the slow cooker. Yummy!

Have a fabulous day! The weekend is coming up! Get crafty!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

6 comments:

morkaren said...

Dejligt kort, med gine, jeg elsker alt der har lidt med syning at gøre, sød ide med sommerfuglen i taljen. knus morkaren.

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

Hi
Gorgeously shabby chic.
Dressform stamps are amongst my most loved - I have a set I always reach for and never tire of using.
An adorable card Debbie.
Wishes
Lynne

trisha too said...

It's a beautiful card, Debbie!

(Gotta admit, I kind of collect the supplies, too . . . )

Monique Deconinck k said...


superbe bravo*

Eulanda said...

Love this complete vintage feel to this card and great layering!! Have you had a chance to sign up for the giveaway at LLC? Thanks for joining our "Pink" challenge at Live and Love Crafts and hope to see you play again!
Hugs,
Eulanda
LLC Designer
Cards and More Cards

Crafteezee said...

Love it. Thanks for joining us at LLC.
Hugs Tracy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...