Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Be Yourself Art Journal Page #2

  Well I finally got page 2 of my art journal done! This was fun! I used acrylic paints on the background this time. The background on my first journal page, which you can see HERE, was done with Dylusions Ink Sprays. I like both. They have different looks.

Closeups:
  


Top


Middle

Bottom

Stamps I used and paper pieced:
- Th/Stampers Anonymous Winged Things 1 & 2 (girl and boy). 
- Flowers are from the Autumn Leaves Doodle Bloom set
- Pennant stamp (girl is sitting on is from the Crafty Secrets ClearStamps Artsy Banners set ; stamped on music paper then cut out
- Sentiment is from the Stampavie Suzi Blu set, A Creative Life
- Large star is designed by Jo Capper-Sandon and is available at Stampotique

Other stuff:
- rub-ons, stencils tissue tape, Glimmer Mists, TH circle fragment (over the flower, which you can't see really from the photo), drywall tape, crepe paper, Distress Stain Picket Fence.
- the butterfly is cut from the TH Tissue Roll. The heart was cut out free hand.

Entering this art journal page in:

  Hope you are having a creative week! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a word or two! Muchly appreciated!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

9 comments:

Allison Cope Israels said...

Beautiful piece of artwork Debbie! Thanks for playing along with at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

Dorothy said...

Awesome work!

Jeannette said...

Beautiful pages..Love it!!!

Greetings Jeannette

Candy C said...

Debbie...I SO LOVE THIS ART JOURNAL PAGE! I love the soft background colors and the little winged children that you've so beautifully painted. The little girl sitting atop the banner is darling! I really love the sentiment! It's so true and perfect for your page. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

MichelleZ said...

Debbie, there's a whole lot of awesome-ness going on here. I love it! Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. Your work is always a treat to see. ~Michelle

Asha said...

A work of art! Brilliant!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

shari said...

Your second attempt, I'm impressed! I too recently got into the art journaling and am hooked. I'm following you now and can't wait to see more.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is flat-out, knock-down, 100% A-MA-ZING! This is the first time I've stumbled across your blog and what a happy stumble it was! I really admire your artistic style and I like how your piece is unique. The whimsicality speaks to me, but there was also depth in the quote. I was really inspired and am so glad I got to see this little gem! And I also noticed you're a library manager-- I'm an eternal librarian, so kudos to all of us book nerds and our quirky librarian ways! Thanks again for sharing!

Anna-Karin said...

This is a fabulous page! Love the background, all the different elements and great sentiment you used. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...