Saturday, June 8, 2013

Who's Your (Steampunk) Daddy?

  Got to play with my "new to me" Tim Holtz stamps! Just love this guy! This is for my 90 years young father-in-law, Rod for Father's Day. Lots of bits and bobs on this one! 

  This dapper guy is paper pieced using TH Kraft Glassine paper. Flesh is coloured with chalks.

  The brown piece with the gear is a bread tie covered in TH Glassine paper that I stamped with a background word stamp, then glued on to bread tie and trimmed.
  Ok. A little story about this foam backed puzzle piece. I get a ride to work, but most of the time I take the bus home. For 5 days straight, when I got of the bus, I would find a foam backed puzzle piece! Since I started mixed media, I look at things with a different eye! Anyway, I thought this piece worked perfectly on this card! 
  Cheese cloth inked with some DI Vintage Photo and attached with the Tiny Attacher.
Small kraft tag stamped with a background word stamp and added a gear. The embossing folder is the Cuttlebug 5x7 Clockworks.
 The inside. Papers used are from the Creative Imaginations Gallivant 12x12 set. Love this paper! I bought it at my local paper craft store, The Cutting Garden.
 Here are the other stamps in the set: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Time Travelers. I bought mine at The Cutting Garden. Fabulous manly set of stamps!

Entering in the following:
1. Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Masculine / Father's Day
2. Crazy 4 Challenges:C4C189 - Father's Day
3. Simon Says Stamp and Show: The Letter "S"

  We are getting a licking from tropical storm Andrea, which means pouring rain all day long! It hasn't stopped! Oh well. Good day for some crafty business!

  Stay dry where ever you are! Happy weekend, and thanks again for stopping by and leaving a word or two! Muchly appreciated!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

11 comments:

butterfly said...

Completely fabulous card, Debbie - brilliant use of the stamps, and all the different materials and elements work beautifully together - big WOW!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Love the layering and textures you've created on this card! I laughed when I read you picked up the puzzle piece-I do the same thing when I see something funky laying on the ground. You never know what you'll nedd it for! LOL
Hugs-
Kavi Coulson
ATT member

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous card Debbie, love all the layers . The embossing adds wonderful dimension and texture. Love the tag too and the handsome gent looks fabulous against your backdrop. Lovely Father's Day Card. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Janet Zeppa said...

So wonderful that you still have your father in law. He will love this!

Bearcrazyman said...

Love all the textures.

Donna said...

You did an awesome steam punk card! I love all the textures.
Great job!
Thank you so much for sharing it.

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card :-) the whole design is FAB ! I am sure your FIL will love this :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

jasann said...

just love this card, hope your Dad loves it too!!!! thanks for sharing!!

Kay Wallace said...

Debbie! This is just fantabulous and so perfect for a 90-something year old FIL!! I absolutely love the stamp set that you used, and it is going on my *must have* list! Each layer you have added just adds more interest, depth and, of course, all that yummy texture! Bravo! Bravo!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Pinned! Love this card Debbie. I really liked the stamped image on Kraft Glassine paper. It gives it such a great grunged effect. Fabulous details -- Mary Elizabeth

Lisa Walker said...

That's a very nice Manly father's day card! Definitely have the change to win the challenge. Goodluck!
You may probably get interested with some fathers day poems for cards too.

Cheers and Hugs xxxx
Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...