Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Life Is Good Canvas

  Good morning everyone! This is a 9x12 canvas I made for my friend and co-worker, Louise for her birthday. We normally don't give gifts or even cards, but this was a big "0" birthday. Lots of stuff on this one! It took a few tries to get the background the way I wanted it, but then after that, it was a lot of fun! 
  
  Louise is also a scrapbooker and card maker. We started on this crafty journey together, however, she has taken the last year off, and concentrated on her "yard art" and "up cycling". I tried to incorporate her love of flowers, and her birdhouses which she made herself from odds and ends and are very unique! It also represents her love of family. So, "Life Is Good"!
  This large flower is actually a stamp that I stamped 3 times on patterned paper, and stacked with foam. The small centre flower and the 3 ball looking flowers are stamps from the same set.
 The perch is a wine cork cut in half. Thanks Lisa for the bag of corks! Tim Holtz keyhole, some rub ons and cheesecloth, of course! 
 Here's a first for me. Couldn't find a birdhouse template that I liked, so decided to try and make my own. Several tries later, I was pleased with this one. Roof and pole is corrugated cardboard, swiped with white paint. Those cute birdies are a Memory Box die set.
 Flower is from the Crafters Workshop Mini 4 Flowers set, designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. Used some modelling paste tinted with paint. The centre is a stamp from that same flower set.
  "Life Is Good" are from 2 different alpha stamp sets, stamped onto a book page.
  Used some Prima flowers (the teal ones), and TH flower dies for the others. Here you can see a garden fairy!
Side view. I used pieces of TH Tissue Tape all around the edges.
The back. I attached a white glassine mini bag with a sentiment tag inside.
The front of the tag.
The back of the tag.
Happy Birthday Louise!

Entering this canvas in:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge: New Style/Something New  (made my own birdhouse template)

A long post today! Hope you are having a great week so far! The weather here is fabulous, finally! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a word or two. I appreciate every word!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

12 comments:

craftingcottage said...

Oh Debbie you have outdone yourself this time! The details you put into your projects blow me away every single time! I think the flower you made for this are amazing! You are so talented! The pocket in the back for the tag is genius! Amazing job! I know you co-worker will treasure this gift! Love It!!
Lisa :)

melscraftyspace said...

This is FABULOUS!!!!!!! Debbie I just love it!
~Mel~
xo

Janet Zeppa said...

Oh my goodness Debbie she must have loved it!! It's gorgeous. So much detail work...wow!!

Debbie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debbie, I just love it.
I see you have used Tim's Tissue Tape round the edge of the Canvas. This looks stunning, did you paint over the top to get the blue to come through or something else?
DebbieX

Susan White said...

Debbie this is amazing, I have tried to make a mixed media canvas, and failed horribly. You have such talent

butterfly said...

Oh my word - your canvas is just beautiful, Debbie! What gorgeous colour combinations, wonderful flowers, and the little bird house is adorable. Love the gift tag on the back too... I can understand why her smile is so dazzling!!
Alison x

Kay Wallace said...

What a wonderful, heartfelt and perfect gift for Louise. She is just beaming, so we all know how much she loves this canvas! Love your creative perch, but, my favorite part? The garden fairy, of course!

Yvonne Garner said...

This is just fabulous. A gift of love. Thank you for sharing it with us at FSC!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Debbie, fabulous canvas, love all the details and such gorgeous flowers.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril x

♥ Mys ♥ said...

Wow - this is really stunning.
I just love it! :)
Found you trough FSC.
*hugs*

Esther said...

Wow - a great project with lots of gorgeous details, textures and colour...Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

Jeannette said...

WOW!!What are AMAZING canvas,beautiful,beautiful ,looove it to much.

Greetings Jeannette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...