Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Manly Card, But I Like It Too!

  Two posts in two days! I'm on a roll! I have made a few manly cards lately, but have to post after the recipient receives it, so I will be posting more manly cards in the next few weeks.
  This card was for Mike's birthday, which was yesterday, June 1st. He says his cards are getting heavier every year! So true! Since I don't have to mail his, I tend to go overboard with the embellies! This fella sort of reminded me of the Gatsby era. 

Stuff I used:
- All papers (including the dapper golfer), is Graphic 45 "A Ladies Diary" 12x12 paper pad set.
- Golf ball brad, patterned brad
- TH pen nib
- Gears
- Cheese cloth
- Corrugated cardboard
- Page from book
- Dictionary meaning of "Golf"
- TH Tissue Tape
- Drywall tape
- Burlap
- Kraft paper for card base
- Sentiment rubber cling stamp "You're not old, you're Vintage" is Hampton Art/7 gypsies
- Lipstick stamp, "Kiss" by Rubber Stamped
- Birthday stamp is "Twenty Something" by Stampendous!









The inside

The back

 Back to work tomorrow. Beautiful weather we had this weekend! Have a very creative week, and thanks again for stopping by!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

6 comments:

Janet Zeppa said...

Had to laugh at it being heavy!! Love all the textures!

PetraB said...

This is great and I like it too!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card, great details.

butterfly said...

Oh wow, I love it too! Amazing layers of texture, wonderful use of those papers - this is a real stunner, Debbie!
Alison xx

Leda said...

Very nice card.

Terry said...

Manly and fabulous! Love this card and what a dapper gentleman he is! Happy Wednesday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...