Sunday, April 7, 2013

My First Art Journal Page

  My first page in my new art journal! A fun time, once I got going! My idea for this journal is to use stamps I tend to forget I have, and some of my favourite quotes and images in either stamps, rub-ons, or just torn out of magazines or off the web. Background is all Dylusions Ink Sprays. Used various background stamps, rub-ons, bubble wrap, tissue tape and filmstrip ribbon.


 This lovely stamp is called Mela and is designed by Daniel Torrente and is from Stampotique. I paper pieced her. The sentiment stamp is Tim Holtz stamped on book script paper with some cheesecloth stuck behind. The "hippie chick" stamp is from the Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu set.

 The green vine is a stencil by Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions "Luscious Leaves". Used modelling paste mixed with green acrylic paint; outlined in black ; splattered some white paint on top. The star stamp is from the Autumn Leaves "Scribbles Hearts and Stars" set and then outlined with a white gel pen. The double circle you see here is the plastic piece you would normally through away from a tape dispenser! I know! How clever is that! Of course I saw it on Pinterest! 

The butterfly stamp is from Tim Holtz "Fairytale Frenzy" set. The heart, I cut out of patterned paper and inked with DI Black Soot. The white circles are made from Picket Fence Stain dabber.

 The "Confidence is Sexy" stamp is from the Inkadinkado "Thoughts For The Day" clear stamp set. The doily stamp is from My Mind's Eye "Cutie Pie, Lavender The Sweetest Thing" set.

This is the art journal I am using. Will decorate the cover eventually.

The inside: Has a pocket on the left for storing stencils, etc. The cover on the right is also crying out to be painted, inked and stamped! Kim at The Cutting Garden has a few of these art journals in stock.

Entering this art journal page in:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #45 - Journalling

Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific week!
i made it myself!
debbie

^..^

Very excited! My journal page was picked for Top 3 at the Fashionable Stamping Challenge! Thanks Ladies! Big congrats to Susan and Joan and the winner, Linda! 

21 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Eeeekkkks- fabulous!!! I am 'collecting' Art Journal Inspiration on a board at Pintrest...as so far I have only done one page. LOVE, Love Love your pages- all of the great ideas and the bright colors!!!

Shirley Chillman said...

Definitely a yikes this is stunning Debbie. It jumps out at you as soon as you see it ... gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing such a fabulous entry with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Sue C said...

Wow Debbie, you've certainly got your journal off to a stunning start ! Beautiful colours and stamping ! Sue C x

butterfly said...

What a glorious page... amazing colours, and that girl is such a great image!
Alison x

Yvonne Garner said...

Brilliant, Debbie, I would never has guessed this was your first try. Unless I missed it, you should enter the current challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenge where the theme is journaling!

Valerie-Jael said...

Pretty page! Valerie

Yvonne Garner said...

Oops! I see now you did! Perfect! Thank you for sharing with us at FSC!

Dorothy said...

Excellent!!

Claudine C. said...

This is awesome, I love every detail. Great job!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous page Debbie - love the colours and love all the different elements to look at !!!

Bearcrazyman said...

Love eveeything you used to create this.

Denise Barger said...

Beautiful!! I love it. Especially for your first one!!

inkypinkycraft said...

A really great page! Trace x

Terry said...

Well I can't imagine what the second one will look like! This is simply gorgeous and amazing and never would I think this was a first! Love it and thank you for joining us at FSC!

Shar said...

I would have never thought this was your first journal page! Absolutely fabulous!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wohoo, a gorgeous page, just fantastic. Love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debbie, so many wonderful details xx

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Debbie I have nominated you for the Leibster Award and hope you will accept it ,please drop by my a pick it up . I really love visiting your blog and seeing all your lovely creations .
Marilyn

Marjie Kemper said...

These are fabulous pages, Debbie! I love using my stamps this way too. Really love how you have that oversized crown floating about the skinny stampotique chick... love the way they look together!

Fliss said...

An absolutely fabulous and stunning page Debbie and would never guess you haven't done this before. The colours, layering and texture are amazing!
Thanks for sharing your page with us at FSC.
Fliss x

Ellie Knol said...

First time? You must be kidding - it's GORGEOUS!

Thanks for joining at FSC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...