Thursday, April 11, 2013

Life Without Music...

"Life without music would b flat"

  I know, a bit on the cheesy side! Manly cards are a bit tricky. I made this birthday card for a co-worker's son. He loves music and he plays guitar. The record is from a streamer set I found at Party's R Us. It was in the '50's theme section. There's about 6 records hanging from a couple of plastic streamers. I thought they would be perfect for cards.

The inside. Left it blank for Donna to write her own sentiment.

The back

Stuff I Used:
- Stampotique stamp is "Oliver". I paper pieced him on TH papers; shirt is Bingo TH paper
- Stamps: Rock Star, guitar pick, volume control knob are from the Inkadinkado Inchies Music set
- Stamps: Star, You Rock, guitar are from the Inkadinkado Rock Star set
- Papers are from Tim Holtz
- Binding Edge punch
- Brads, mini paper clips, filmstrip ribbon, fragments, drywall tape, gear
- Words printed from computer

  Tomorrow is Friday! I hear we're getting some kind of storm; rain, snow?! Yikes!

 Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend with friends and family!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Pretty card! Valerie

Kay Wallace said...

Love his card, Debbie! I spent more than an hour on Pinterest last night searching for "masculine cards," as I need a card for my nephew. I didn't know I just had to wait until this morning for the perfect card inspiration!!! Just love it!

butterfly said...

Fabulous to use the record on the card, I love it! A great masculine card, and I love that the inside looks as good as the outside!
Alison x

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

The inclusion of the record is such a fun idea Debbie.
A wonderful card and he is so ugly I cannot help but :)
Wishes
Lynne

Daniela Rogall said...

wow, great card. I love the theme and the image too.

Sandy said...

Life without music would be horrid - I follow you with complete trust!
Sandy

Sue said...

This is brilliant Debbie, I love your use of the record and the way you've decorated the inside of your card xx

Candy C said...

Debbie...this birthday card is nothing short of amazing! I really love everything about it and what a perfect card for a guy who loves music! The sentiment is such a great play on words! I love the design of your card, too. Really cool! I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such a nice comment. You will LOVE that picture wheel die cut! There is soooo much you can do with it! Have a great week. <3 Candy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...