Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm Only Happy When It Rains

"I'm Only Happy When It Rains"

  Not really! It was actually sleeting here yesterday! Ughh! This is my second week as Guest Designer over at Stampotique. The challenge is "April Showers".      
  Had fun with this little 5x7 canvas!


Stuff I Used:
- Stamp is called "Smushasha"; stamped on coloured paper; fussy cut
- Dylusions Ink Sprays for background
- Crafters Workshop Mini Rain stencil
- Cheesecloth inked to look like seaweed
- Paper doily used under the "seaweed"
- Bubble wrap on top of the rub-on
- Dollar Store umbrella
- Quote is a song title from the band Garbage
- Beach glass and shells from the shores of Nova Scotia! I picked them myself!

 Hope you join in this week for the Stampotique Challenge: April Showers. Complete details are over on the challenge blog.

  This Sunday my local paper craft store The Cutting Garden is having a yard sale. Pre-registered local paper crafters are bringing in scrapbooking and paper craft supplies that we don't use anymore. I have a couple of boxes to take over. I find that my style has changed over the years.
  Money you make turns into a Cutting Garden gift card and items not sold will go to the HomeBridge Youth Society.

  It's hump day! Almost there! Have a wonderful end of the week! Thanks for stopping by!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

14 comments:

roc said...

Welcome to the stampotique challenge!

craftingcottage said...

Love this Debbie! As usual all the detail and the care you put into everything you make amazing me! You background is totally perfect... looks like big rain drops! I love this canvas... also would love to see it in person if you could bring it with you when you pop by the store for the yard sale... I would love to see it in real life if you don't mind. I have a feeling the picture is just not doing it justice!
Lisa :)

Shar said...

Total fun! Loving your mermaid and your incredible background!

Shelly Seymour Bones Rhynold said...

This is fabulous Debbie!! I love everything about it! Truly unique (and just a little creepy)...lol - I like that!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

LOVE this! The umbrella is too much!

Janet Zeppa said...

Well I was just going to say come for a visit today and you would be happy!! A little wet here today!
Great project Debbie!!

Reflective Art Studio said...

Debbie- Thanks for sharing you talents with us Stampotique. Love what you did with the challenge this week.
Best
Sarinda

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome fun! Love the way you created the seaweek- love the Bg and love the umbrella!

Kay Wallace said...

This is absolutely smashing, Debbie! I had to laugh at some of the items in your supply list! I thinking using unusual, found, or upcycled items in our art is just the greatest! So glad you are Guest Designing this month at Stampotique! Just joined as a follower! ;-)

Terry said...

Fun and more fun! Love that mermaid and the cocktail umbrella is so clever! The background is so awesome! Love it!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

It's a gorgeous card.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Debbie, I love your 'seaweed' and the umbrella is the perfect finishing touch xx

AssiCrafts said...

Such an awesome card! Love your border! XOXO

butterfly said...

Fabulous canvas, Debbie - I just love that vivid turquoise; delicious mermaid too!
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...