Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Prom Queen

  My 3rd project as April Guest Designer over at Stampotique. This week's challenge is, Birthday. Complete details are on the challenge blog.
  Don't you just love her! Her name is "Prom Queen" and she is designed by Daniel Torrente, and is available at Stampotique. In my haste to get a photo of it and give it to a co-worker, I forgot to take a photo of the inside and back.
  The sentiment inside is, "Well, la de frickin' dah!" which is also a Stampotique stamp. 
  At The Chronicle Herald, where I work, letters to the editor are called "Voice of the People", and I thought the torn headline for the letters worked perfect on this card.


  The flower is hand torn circles; inked on the edges with DI Vintage Photo; Distress Rock Candy Crackle added for crunch.

Stuff I Used:
- Stampotique stamps: Prom Queen, (paper pieced; face is chalked) "Well, la de frickin' dah!"; the star is called "Jo's Star" and is designed by Jo Capper-Sandon.
- Paper: K&Company, Susan Winget designer, Nature 12x12 paper pad set
- Lace and tulle from Dollar Store
- Dew Drops

Entering in:
Shopping Our Stash: SOS#37 - Text or Letters
  
Wednesday, and it's raining. It is getting a little warmer, I think, I hope! Hope you have a wonderful week, and thanks for stopping by!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

My heart and prayers go out to Boston. An unbelievable tragedy. 

22 comments:

AssiCrafts said...

Very cool card with all these layers! The inside sentiment is perfect :-P XOXO

Sharon said...

OMG this is gorgeous!

craftingcottage said...

Love this Debbie! You are genius at finding interesting ways to embellish your creations! Everything you make gives us something new and interesting to think about for embellishments! Love that cute image!
Lisa :)

Shelly Seymour Bones Rhynold said...

Debbie - this is amazing!! I love the "creepiness" of the entire thing. You rock!!

PetraB said...

this is such good fun ... and creepy too!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is terrific, Debbie! This would have made me smile when I turned 50 recently (not if it said 60 on it, obviously .....)

Lucy x

Terry said...

So darn cool!!! Love that image and what a gorgeous flower! Your co-worker had to love this! Enjoy!

Reflective Art Studio said...

OMG Debbie.... Love that flower. Wonderful work.
sarinda

Kay Wallace said...

Pure genius, Debbie! I love how you always add a bit of something (like the newspaper header) to personalize your cards for each recipient! This one is just so full of fun--like your sentiment inside! Thanks for inspiring us at Stampotique!

Susan White said...

Very cool love it!!

Janet Zeppa said...

Love all your paper tearing and layers!

Sandy said...

I read your caption and then started laughing. If someone took a picture of me right now I would look just like this. Love your card - it really brought a big smile to my face!
Sandy

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Brilliant as ever, Debbie! So fun having you as our guest at Stampotique! You're rockin' the spotlight!!
Hugs,
Val :)

roc said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer!

Samantha Read said...

This is beautiful Debbie, really glad you are with us at Stampotique this month :) xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Hah! I love that you used this Stampotique chick for a 60th birthday. Great card! Gorgeous flower.

Jenn Cochran said...

Lovely card! So glad to have you as our guest!

Jenn
DT

Buttons said...

Hi Debbie - thanks for joining me - having taken a peek at some of your beautiful work I am returning the compliment.
Love this prom queen project. For some reason it reminded me of 'Pretty in Pink'; probably the homemade dress? Love what you have done with this image. Hugs, Jenny x

froebelsternchen Susi said...

great blog! became follower!

Ginger said...

love your card. carol x

alicaz said...

very cool! Love all the fun elements and the colors too!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Candy C said...

Debbie...your card is awesome! I love the layers of papers, the torn, distress edges you've done on the background. That dimensional stacked flower is just too cool. I love the colors and the crackled crunch you gave it. Your "prom queen" is so funny and colored to perfection for this card. I bet your co-worker loved it! It's a great card! I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment. It's much appreciated. Have a wonderful week. <3 Candy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...