Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Garden Of Crafty Delights

  Love love love canvas art! I'm so hooked! I made this 8x10 canvas at the Free Mixed Media Day, which was held at The Cutting Garden, a paper craft store in Halifax. Kim, the owner, wanted to decorate the bare walls in the store. She supplied the canvas, inks, paints, "bits & bobs", and of course we could bring whatever we wanted. We had 6 hours to complete our masterpieces!

  Pleased how this turned out! The young lady with the scissors is called, "The Crafter", and is designed by Daniel Torrente and is available from Stampotique.

  The crooked house is part of a stamp set called, "Right Up Your Street" by Dyan Reaveley. The flowers on the left is a part of a stamp set called "How Does Your Garden Grow?", also by Dyan Reaveley.

  The big flower in the middle is a stamp, which I borrowed from Debbie (thanks Deb!), from the set called, "Doodle Bloom" by  Tia Bennett Autumn Leaves. 

  The big yellow "sun" in the corner is a stencil from Crafters Workshop called Grandma's Doily. I mucked up some modelling paste with yellow acrylic paint and slathered it on! Love that stuff!

  Used the "Mini Rain" stencil from Balzer Designs/Crafters Workshop at the top. Butterfly was stamped and coloured and a safety pin added for the body. The path to the house is drywall tape. Used various colours of Dylusions Sprays for the background.



  The weekend is just around the corner! Hopefully no more snow! Have a crafty weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

Entering this canvas in:
The Stampotique Challenge SDC92: Spring Theme


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh gosh Debbie, this canvas is stunning, I just love every single part of it.
Can I ask a favour, pleas say No if it's not acceptable.
I am running a Children's wrokshop in July and we are making a large 10x17 Canvas. I really did not have a clue what I was going to do with it, but if you will allow I would love to do something similar to what you have done.
I don't have any of the same items you have used but I do have a sunburst mask, several Stampotique Stamps and a flower and housestamp, so have most of the elements.
Thank you.
Debbiex

Scrappy Chick said...

Very pretty! I love the bright colours!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous page, great details.

craftattack said...

The canvas has turned out really well, well done! Valerie

craftingcottage said...

Beautiful Debbie!!! I was so lucky to be able to sit right behind you while you got your craft on! Love looking at all the wonderful details you put on your projects! I have a couple of your creations now and I covet them!!! Lovely!!
Lisa :)

rebecca larlee said...

Debbie of all the canvas made this is
by far the best I love it

Sandy said...

Hey Miss Debbie - this is delightful and I love it!!! Yes I do!!
Sandy

Terry said...

Debbie, this is truly a delight of a canvas! Love the garden scene you crafted! Those flowers so pop! Enjoy the weekend!

Reflective Art Studio said...

Awwwwhhh Be still my beating heart. This is a stunning journal page. Makes me think... Happy Spring. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge this week.
Warmly-
Sarinda

Jeannette said...

WOW!!!
This is stunning page, i love it!!!
The Colors and the composition are beautiful.

Hugs Jeannette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...