Monday, February 25, 2013

Thank You!

 This card was made as a thank you card for Val, a crafty friend I met when I first started this journey into paper and ink.
 I had bought this stamp set months ago and was eager to use it. I think it would be great on canvas too.

  All the colouring on this card is done with Faber-Castell Gelatos. I also tried some doodling; the black circles with white gel pen centres. The flowers are a stamp from this set; stamped twice on book print paper then cut out. Added some pink tulle under the bling on the orange flower on her waist.

  The ribbon is Hug Smug Seam Binding inked in DI colours to match the card. I stamped her on plain paper and then cut her out and glued her on book print paper.

  I wish I could say I drew the birds and the branch, but it was already on the paper! I just added some colour. 

The inside

The back. This sentiment is part of the stamp set.


  This is the stamp set. I purchased it at my local paper craft store, The Cutting Garden.

  This is the paper I used for the background of both the card and the tag. It's from the Basic Grey Serenade set. This particular 12x12 sheet is called "50 pence". I also purchased this at The Cutting Garden.

Entering this card in:

  I have been feeling "pookie" as my mum used to say. Have that hateful cold/cough that's going around. It's on it's way out...I hope! Have a creative week everyone. Thanks for stopping by!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


13 comments:

craftingcottage said...

Debbie your attention to all the little details always amazes me! This is another beauty!! Love your doodling! I have that stamp set as well and you did a fantastic job of using it!! Lovely as always!!!
Lisa :D

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Debbie-

Your card is stunning. I saw it in Val's house yesterday (she proudly had it on display!) and it blew me away. The photos do not do your card justice!

:)

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

Your friend will adore this Debbie, it is so beautiful, gorgeous colours.
There are so many awful viruses around no matter where we live. Take good care. It can take a while to fully recover (I know from personal experience as I had the Noro Virus recently)
Wishes
Lynne

Candy C said...

Debbie...your card is very cute and shows lots of imagination! Love the text in the background. That Angie girl stamp set is darling and you have really used it well on this card! I also love your hug snug, tulle and bling accents you've added to the girl and the card. Very cute! Your shading of colors really looks nice behind the girl as well. Beautiful color scheme! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Terry said...

Debbie, I bet you will be using that stamp more often! What a gorgeous project! Love that image and all your doodling! Gorgeous fussy cutting with all those flowers! Love this!

butterfly said...

So beautiful, Debbie - I love the book text background, and the figure of the girl is just lovely!
Alison x

Anita Houston said...

What a beautiful card! It's gorgeous and Art Journal looking...perfect! The stamped image is wonderful and the print background is excellent! Fabulous color as well! Thanks so much for stamping with us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Janet Zeppa said...

I love all the special touches!

Sandy said...

I loved this so much I ordered the stamp set. Love it!!
sandy

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Tracey said...

SO GORGEOUS,! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

Candy C said...

Debbie....CONGRATS on winning our $50.00 credit voucher at Simon Says Stamp and Show! You will have a lot of fun spending that in our store! I thought your card is so lovely and truly enjoyed reading all about it. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show and CONGRATS on your win! <3 Candy

Maura said...

Beautiful card! Congrats on your win at SSS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...