Monday, February 11, 2013

Hearts To You & A Love Story

  Posting 2 Valentine cards today. I think that's a first! 2 cards in one post. I don't believe I've done that before.
  I bought this set of Nesties awhile back. They are the Classic Hearts set. Love the colours in this paper set, Teresa Collins Vintage Finds 6x6 Designer Pad. Love the blue, carmel, gold and beige colours.
  The mini butterflies are a MS punch, 3-in-1 Butterfly. I rubbed some DI Vintage Photo over the blue/white bakers twine to tone down the white. To make it "vintagey"
  
  The sentiment is just something I thought of. After printing it off on white cs, I used a Martha Stewart edge punch (Deco Fan), and lined it up with the words, then cut to size. I glued it on top of a pennant label I had for extra layering. Saw on Pinterest! Where else! 
  The small flower, is made using 2 MS punches; 3-in-1 Hydrangea, and Hydrangea. The paper doily poking out from under the hearts is TH Tattered Doily. Corners are Cheery Lynn Deco Corner B set.


  I'm hooked on gauze! Love the effect! I've used it on the last 2 cards and canvas art I did. Here's a closer look at the cardboard heart. I added some Delta acrylic paint, "Maple Sugar" to some modelling paste. Matched the papers perfectly! Topped off with some Distress Scattered Straw Stickles for crunch.

Entering "Hearts To You" in:
1. Frilly and Funkie: Lacy Heartsy Valentine's Project
2. Cheerful Stamp Pad: Ch#53 - "You Have My Heart"




"A Love Story"
  As you can see, the gauze makes another appearance! The border punch is MS, Lace Heart Edge Punch. 
  The doily is Cheery Lynn, French Pastry. The gorgeous paper is My Minds Eye, Market 6x6 Paper Pad set. The buttons are from my stash. How perfect are these buttons! Hearts and perfect colour! 


  I added some Distress Stickles Tattered Rose to the smallest heart and the butterflies for added crunch. The sentiment is from a Prima set of 28 tiny stamps called Imagenne Stamp Set Printery Cling Mounted Rubber Stamps. I picked up this stamp set when I was in Florida last year:



Entering "A Love Story" card in:


  We survived the big snow! Sunny today. They're talking of more snow and then rain! Yikes! Have a wonderful creative week!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful cards - I really like the blue and brown together!
Sandy

Janet Zeppa said...

Your cards are so pretty!!

inkypinkycraft said...

a really beautiful card! trace x

morkaren said...

Smukke, smukke kort, jeg tror jeg skal forsøge mig med de hjertedie for det ser da rigtig godt ud. knus morkaren.

Lin said...

Beautiful and romantic heart cards, Debbie! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Very pretty cards love the soft blues and pinks together .They both have such a nice vintage feel.
Marilyn

Silvia(Barnie) said...

These are wonderful project, really beautiful.

Terry said...

Oh Debbie, these Valentine cards are so pretty! Love all the heart layers and added butterflies! I keep going over these and can't believe all the interest! Fabulous!!

butterfly said...

Oh, Debbie, what wonderful, wonderful cards! Great use of the dies; you've layered up the patterns and textures so beautifully and, of course, with those colours the first one has absolutely captured my heart!!
Alison x

Donna Gibson said...

Both of these cards are absolutely beautiful! All of the colors and textures combine so nicely! Well done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie!

Terry said...

Hey there Debby, what some fabulous projects you made wowwww...thank you for sharing with the DT from Frilly and Funkie, love them Hugs Terry xxxx

Buttons said...

what fantastic examples of layering and I love that you have kept the colour palettes relatively simple as it really adds to the effect. Thanks for joining the Frilly and Funkie challenge, hugs Jenny x

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your layered hearts and stacked flowers... totally fabulous, Debbie!

Vicki Romaine said...

I really like your two cards using gauze. I have never use that on cards. I'll have to try it out. Thanks so much for sharing at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my, Debbie, these are both just sensational, but I have to say that the blue one captured my heart. What gorgeous eye candy...I am absolutely drooling! Beautiful colors, wonderful layers, embossing, distressing, it has it all. Love the handmade flower too. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Frilly and Funkie!

Hugs,
Linda

Shar said...

Very pretty! Love all the layers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...