Saturday, February 9, 2013

Be Still My HeArt



"Be Still My HeArt"

  I started this canvas in January at my crafty group night. I finally finished it to what I wanted it to look like. A lot of "stuff" happening here! Loved making this!   
 The large heart was something I made awhile back, but never used. It's a TH Grungeboard heart, which I inked with DI Aged Mahogany and DI Stickles Barn Door. Added an acrylic button, and topped it off with a Dew Drop. 


 First time I used modelling paste. I tinted it with some pink acrylic paint and used a brillo pad type dauber brush I found in my drawer. Also added gauze. Love the effect of gauze! Wooden hearts are Studio Calico Wood Veneer Hearts and Arrows, and pink zipper ribbon. Both items are available at The Cutting Garden, a local paper craft store. I dropped some Alcohol Inks on the wooden hearts. Also, you can just see the white lace paper heart on the left.


 Had to add my fav stamp! Lips! I stamped it on pink tissue paper with DI Aged Mahogany and then attached to canvas with Mod Podge. Added a black and white wedding photo of us under some TH filmstrip ribbon. Added some "kisses" with an x stamp.


  I have an old dictionary that I picked up at a yard sale that I like to tear up for journalling; adding to cards and canvas art.


  Corner stamp is from TH and is a shabby grungy corner. Love it. I added some black Alcohol Ink to the wooden arrow.


  "Happy" is from a paper pad set. The 2 black lace corners are from the Cheery Lynn Lace Corners Deco B set.

  The sentiment is something I thought of. A play on words; Heart, Art. All the little charms are from various places I picked up here and there!

Entered this canvas in:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #40: Show Some Love

 We're getting blasted with a blizzard. I have my candles at the ready!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


13 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is a beautiful piece of Art love all the texture and elements. Thanks for sharing the written tutorial on how you made it
Marilyn

craftingcottage said...

Love this Debbie!!! Love how you used the zipper ribbon :) Beautiful as always!!

craftattack said...

Lovely piece, the textures are great! Stay warm and safe! Hugs, Valerie

Mrs.B said...

Hi Debbie, Wonderful canvas.
Love all the layers and the embellished heart looks fabulous with the zipper ribbon. Great background stamping.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

Shar said...

Fabulous! Love how you've brought together so many different elements!

Esther said...

This is a lovely canvas, so many details and layers..I love that grungy corner stamp too !! Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC..Esther xx

Sharon said...

Beautiful Debbie!

Yvonne Garner said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love every detail. Thank you for sharing with us at FSC!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A great creation with wonderful elements. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Sandi McLean said...

What a fun and lovely piece! All of those textures!

Fliss said...

Really lovely creation. Thanks for entering our FSC show some love challenge.
Fliss x

Terry said...

Yeah!!! It is working now and it may have been on my end as a couple of others with the pop up comments did not open! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love that heart and it shows so much love! Thank you for sharing with us at FSC!

PetraB said...

wonderful creation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...