Monday, February 4, 2013

Art Angel

"CREATIVITY is allowing yourself to make mistakes. 
ART is knowing which ones to keep"

  LOVE this stamp! This beauty is called "Angel of Art" by Suzi Blu. I've nicknamed these girl stamps that she designs, "Big Girl" stamps, as they are nice and big and great for paper piecing, which I did here. 
    I made this 5x7 canvas for my crafty night homemade gift swap. Melanie drew my name, so she has a new home!
  For her hair, I stamped her on TH Kraft Glassine Paper; cut it out; wrinkled it up a bit. It really looks like hair, I thought.
  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz. The little scissors are from somewhere I don't recall! They were a bright shade of plastic gold. Tried to tone them down a bit with some ink. 
  Top left is a strip of bubble wrap. Was trying to stamp with it, but it was blobby, so I thought, "what the heck", I'll just glue the bubble wrap right on it instead!
  Her skirt is a piece of pink zipper ribbon, which I bought at my local paper craft store, The Cutting Garden.

Photo of the side. I put rub-ons on all sides:
  I'm off today. Not really creating anything, just organizing my stash, and seeing what I have and haven't used in awhile, or haven't taken out of the package! Oh my!

  Have a crafty creative week, and may the Art Angel be looking over your shoulder and giving you inspiration!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

8 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Love this, Debbie! Such a gorgeous canvas, and the kraft glassine as hair = brilliant!

butterfly said...

What a wonderful piece... Love the blended colours!
Alison x

Janet Zeppa said...

She's adorable!

suzieq23 said...

I just recd my Suzie Blu art angel in the mail today! I love your canvas and I hope you dont mind if I use it for some of my inspiration. Thanks

Electra said...

This is awesome Debbie!!

Beverly Sager said...

I've always liked that quote. This is so cheery - love the colors and all the little bits you used. Great job!
Beverly

Sandi McLean said...

What a fabby canvas - so full of texture! Saw your post in the newsletter and a now a new follower (from the opposite coast).

Sandi McLean said...

Blame on being unwell! I already am a follower...!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...