Sunday, January 6, 2013

To Grow Old By His Side

  Wanted to post this canvas before spring arrived! This was another one I did in a class, taught by the talented Rebecca at The Cutting Garden, a local paper craft store. I wrapped it up and put it under the tree for Mike. He really liked it!




I added rub-ons here and there, including "M" for Mike.


  Same here, except for the initial "D" for me. When I got it home, I dug out my containers of paint I had in the basement. I came across some "snow". It's like icky paste and dries hard. I added it to the bottom of the canvas. The canvas measures 8x11.

  Back to work for me tomorrow! Ugh! Had some flurries today; not much. Have a wonderful week!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


12 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous canvas, just love the segmented Snowman and woman.
Super.
Debbiex

Janet Zeppa said...

Those snow people are adorable! Love how they are made from strips of paper.

craftattack said...

Beautiful, Debbie, I can imagine how he liked it! Hugs, Valerie

Patricia said...

WOW WOW WOW what a BEAUTIFULL canvas! love it!!!!!!
And love this style.
GREAT work Debby.
Kind regrads Patricia

butterfly said...

Absolutely scrumptious! Those snowpeople are stunning - guessing paper-pieced - what brilliant colours and patterns together against the lovely snowy background - I love it!
Alison x

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love how you've stacked the boxes to form the bodies.

Heather Jacob said...

hello debbi , wow I love your work too ... this blogging land is just the BEST !!!!! YOU have a great whimsical and wonderful style x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is the coolest!!! Love!!!! :D

Paper Profusion said...

Still catching up Debbie. Your canvas is wonderful. You've put incredible detail into it and it looks fantastic. All the paper piecing is fab. Love your snow and hat decorations. Happy New Year. Nicola x

Terry said...

Oh I love this right down to the frosty snow! Love the festive paper snow people against that wintery background! So cool!

Sharon said...

Wow this is amazing!

Marjolein said...

Hi Debbie, I just wanted to say that I totally love this canvas! Found your site through Pinterest and I'm just itching to make something similar...... Would you terribly mind if I did? I will post a link to your blog when finished!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...