Sunday, January 27, 2013

She Was Happy


"She was happy just where she was"

  This was a labour of love! Everything but the kitchen sink is on here! Layers of all kinds of goodness! Paints, crackle paint, Glimmer Mists, stencils, rub-ons, tissue tape, TH film strip ribbon, paper, napkins.
  I LOVE paper piecing and fussy cutting. Absolutely one of my favourite techniques. I would rather paper piece than colour with Copics or other markers. 
  Here are some more pics:


  This butterfly is from patterned paper (can't recall what one!). I added a small black safety pin for the body.


  The birds are stamps from Dylusions, Dyan Reaveley set called, "How Does Your Garden Grow". Love this set! I stamped on coloured paper and added some Faber-Castell Gelatos. The brown area with teal swirl is a paper napkin. The paisley flourish is a rub-on.


  These flowers are also part of the stamp set. I stamped them on coloured paper, added some Distress Rock Candy Crackle Paint and black brads or bling. The flower stamps have the book print design on them.


  This lovely lady is called "Party Love", by Suzi Blu, Unity Stamps. I believe she has been discontinued. What a shame! I adore her! I have several other Suzi Blu "Big Girl" stamps. They are my favourite paper piecing stamps. 

 Kim the lovely proprietor at The Cutting Garden, does have this stamp set.      

  Since I bought this stamp set, I have used them quite a bit; canvas, cards. It is my fav "at the moment" go-to-stamp set for whimsey canvas or card projects. Great for paper piecing!


  This is the "Party Love" stamp. Fabulous stamp for paper piecing! Hope you can find it somewhere on the web!


  I made this canvas for Mike's aunt Janette, so I can visit it whenever I want! She's just around the corner! 

Entering this in:
1. Simon Says Stamp and Show: What Are You Known For?
2. The Artistic Stamper: January Challenge - Your Favourite Stamp


Monday is coming up, once again! Have a creative week!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

17 comments:

craftingcottage said...

Love it Debbie!!!! Your patience amazes me!!!! Every detail is perfect as always!!!

the PaperTemptress said...

Oh I soooo love this canvas....it really makes me happy so you definitely created the mood that you wanted to create! Thanks for sharing.
Patricia
the PaperTemptress

Janet Zeppa said...

Genius to add a safety pin for the butterfly body!! Fantastic piece of art!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Awesome, Debbie! I love those flowers and the cool birds from Dyan.

2amscrapper said...

Debbie, this is fabulous!

Paper Profusion said...

What a fun and happy piece Debbie. You have put me in even better form thank-you! Wonderful crafting. Nicola x

Terry said...

Debbie, this is such a detailed and gorgeous Mixed Media Marvel! Love all the layers and texture! The fussy cutting is so worth it!!!

soapHOUSEmama said...

So in love with this!!! Just pinned it to my Simon Says Stamp and Show Board :) Thanks so much for joining us at this week! - Ashli :)

inkypinkycraft said...

A really great canvas, full of so much to look at! Trace x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely gorgeous ani I agree I would rather paper piece than colour with Copics too. Your labour of love s stunning. Wonderful background and I love your cluster of flowers combined with your focal image and the quirky birds. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

butterfly said...

So gorgeous - wonderful to have all the close-ups to see those magical painty textures and layers and fantastic paper piecing. This is really special!
Alison x

Beverly Sager said...

Such a happy piece, both in the materials & techniques used and in the sentiment. I love how you used the black safety pin for the butterfly's body - very clever!

trisha too said...

This is a charming piece, Debbie--it radiates happiness!

:)

Winnie said...

What a happy piece! The background is so pretty, and love the florals you made. What a fun message to! I keep looking at it and seeing so many cool elements like your butterfly!

Sandy said...

Oh Debbie - I love this so much - so creative and fun and glorious and happy - I adore it!!!!!
Sandy

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

A stunning canvas! Thank you for entering the Artistic Stamper challenge.

Krisha said...

This is such a happy canvas, it made me smile and think of spring. Your details are amazing, and the colors are perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...