Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Manly Canvas

  This was SO much fun! I have gotten into canvas art, and I am loving it! Made this for Mike. I used an 8x8 chunky canvas.
  
  Mister Butterfly guy is a Stampers Anonymous/TH stamp from the set called, Winged Things II. I paper pieced him. The pen nib is authentic and is from the forties. I picked up 3 boxes of them at a yard sale this past summer. 
  The cardboard was leftover from another project. It had been sprayed with several colours of Glimmer Mists.


This brown section is tissue paper from 7Gypsies


  Took a hammer to a beer cap from Mike's favourite beer. In this corner, I added a couple of gears, and then covered with beeswax. 


  Letters I picked up at The Cutting Garden. Mike's initials of course, although it could stand for "Mister"!  That's drywall tape under the ticket! Love it! 


  If you have read the books, you will know where this phrase came from. It's from The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy, which you can read about HERE.
  I used Alcohol Ink on the numbers to tone them down.


  This is the side, showing how chunky it is. I used TH Commute Tissue Tape; as a border. Added some Distress Rocky Candy Crackle Paint on top of it.


  This is the back, and staying with the number theme, used TH paper, and a ticket.

  LOVE the canvas art! Good thing I kept all my acrylic paints from years ago! They are good as new!
  Mike is an engineer, and he likes Monty Python, which butterfly guy reminded me of, and he's read The Hitchhikers books, so I thought this worked out perfectly! He Loved it!
  I have made about 5 canvas pieces. Will be posting them. Hope you will give it a go, if you haven't tried it yet! Another obsession!

Entering this in:
1. Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything Goes
2. Fashionable Stamping Challenge: Surprise Us (Anything Goes)

i made it myself
debbie
^..^

21 comments:

Janet Zeppa said...

You rocked this canvas!

Barb King said...

This is great, so much going on here! I loved that book, read it years ago, it was one of my faves, thanks for reminding me about it. Barb

Yvonne Garner said...

This is fabulous Debbie! What an inspiration! Love it!

Candy C said...

Debbie...your manly canvas is absolutely stunning! I really really love everything about it! Love all of the the Tim Holtz elements! From the filmstrip ribbon to the winged man, it's fabulous! Love the background colors and images, too! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

craftattack said...

Beautiful canvas, Debbie! Hugs, Valerie

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love your canvas Debbie so much texture and detail. You were so lucky to have found those pen nibs at a yard sale.
Marilyn

Beverly Sager said...

Wonderful, Debbie! I make & sell a lot of canvas art. This gives me lots of inspiration for masculine themed art. Thanks so much for sharing :D

Terry said...

And a fabulous Manly Canvas this is and one of the best I have seen! Love all the details and finding vintage pen nibs is so cool! Love all the details!! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges! Happy New Year!

lynne said...

Chunky canvas is certainly a marvellous substrate.
Wonderful use of different elements Debbie and wax (oh I love wax).
Thank you for sharing this fabulous Mixed Media canvas with us at FSC this fortnight.
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

Wow. A fantastic canvas, great details and textures. Thank you for sharing it with us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Kathy Eddy said...

What a great canvas! I bet he loved it! You did an awesome job on it.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous canvas, one of my favourite images and what a find your pen nibs are. Love the bottle cap, clever touch as are the initials. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Happy New Year. Tracy x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a breathtaking canvas. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

Sarah said...

this is fabulous Debbie - I love your textures, colours and wording. It's a wonderful Mr. Tim creation! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

Anna-Karin said...

This canvas is fantastic! Love all the details and the great sentiments. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Netty said...

Loving your terrific canvas Debbie, x

Marjie Kemper said...

Debbie, I am loving this canvas! So much eye candy, so many amazing details. You can tell how much fun you had making it. Beautiful!

Dots Dabbles said...

Hi Debbie, wow...every inch of this has such amazing detail! I loved seeing all the pics, I would've hated to have missed any of it. Love it all
Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Dot x

Debi said...

Debbie, this is gorgeous! Debi x

Electra said...

This is awesome!!!

die amelie said...

Brilliant artwork! Loads of thought and lovely detail went into this awesome piece!!! LOVE IT!

Greetings from Austria,

die amelie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...