Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Angel Canvas

"She was happy to be herself"

  And now for something completely different! I finally did it! I completed a canvas art piece! I have been wanting to try this for a long time, and I just needed a push! A whole "different ballgame" this is! Luckily I saved all my acrylic paints from abt. 10 years ago, when I was into painting those plaster ornaments, Old World Santas, villages, etc. I stored them in a couple of large plastic containers. Still good! Didn't use hardly any paint on this one, but did on the others I made.
  Thanks to a local paper craft store, The Cutting Garden, I took a class taught by Rebecca, who showed us how to make this fun canvas "She Art", which Christy Thomlinson has made very popular. I love her art!
  Since this class I have made several canvases for gifts, which I will post after Christmas. This one is hanging on our wall. The background is Christmas paper, which looks like weathered wood. Love it!


 When I got home I added this TH Tattered Poinsettia. I lathered it with DI Rock Candy Crackle Paint.


The tricky part was adding her hair, free hand! 

  Getting things done. Will post Christmas cards later in the week. Looks like a green Christmas here.


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


8 comments:

Janet Zeppa said...

Oh my goodness Debbie you did an awesome job with your canvas!!

Rea said...

Hi Debbie, adorable card. I am a new follower to your blog and like you I like to use lots of different techniques. Did you I have blog candy up right now. You can see all the details at this link for my blog. http://theantiquewardrobe.blogspot.com/2012/11/christmas-blog-candy.html

Rea said...

I typed card, but I meant canvas. That's what happens when your blog hopping and your husband side tracks you. Ha! Ha!

craftattack said...

Beautiful piece Debbie, well done! Happy Christmas to you and yours! Hugs, Valerie

Terry said...

I just did the same - started and finished a Christmas mixed media canvas! Did you have a blast?? I can't wait to do more! This is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Wonderful Christmas creation!

Shar said...

Absolutely fabulous! I would never have known it was your first!!

Netty said...

Loving your mixed media canvas Debbie, you did a fab job. Annette x

Samantha Read said...

This is so beautiful Debbie, I'm sure it will be treasured for years xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...