Monday, November 12, 2012

Marilyn In A Bag

  This, was so much fun to make! A co-worker, Mark, asked me to make his girlfriend, Stephanie, a Marilyn birthday card. Stephanie, use to work at The Herald, so I know her, and I know her love for anything Marilyn!
  All images I got from the web and all papers used are from My Mind's Eye The Station 6x6 pad. Ribbon at the top is Hug Snug inked with DI to match papers. Added an oval bling to her necklace and the butterfly. My new obsession is the MS 3-in-one butterfly punch. Aren't they cute! 
  Black lace at bottom from fabric store. MS Doily Lace punch at top of bag. All photos I put through Pixlr and added the grunge filmstrip. All lips are coloured with Spica red glitter marker.


Flower is made from Die-namics Upsey Daisies die cut, then added Stickles Diamonds (what else!). Black tulle underneath flower.


Back of bag.


  This is the front of the tag showing 2 ATCs. I attached a shoe charm and a "diamond" to the ribbon. 


  The fronts of the 2 ATCs. I added lace to one and TH filmstrip ribbon and photo corners to the other. The gorgeous flourish is half of the Memory Box Riviera Corner, which I purchased at my local crafty place, The Cutting Garden.


The backs of the 2 ATCs.


The other side of the tag with 2 more ATCs.


The fronts of the 2 ATCs. Added some bling and paper lace. The second one says "Happy Birthday Stephanie". The second half of the flourish is on striped paper.


And the backs of the ATCs. The one on the right is blank for Mark to add his birthday wishes. Marks photo is underneath TH filmstrip ribbon.

  It took on a life of it's own! Truly enjoyed making this, and Stephanie loved it! 

  And now a plug for Stephanie. If you're in the area visit her site: "Sky's The Limit, one of Nova Scotia's leading wedding rentals and decor businesses"

Well, back to work tomorrow. We had Friday and Monday off. Nice. 


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


4 comments:

craftingcottage said...

Debbie this is truly amazing!! OMG that flower is totally to die for!!!! I NEED that flower die!!! Amazing job, she's gonna freak when she gets this! You always put so much time to your creations and the details are so perfect! I love that there is so much to look at! Can you bring your flower die in with you the next time you come to the garden? I would love to drool over it? Beautiful as always!!!
Lisa :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful project.

butterfly said...

So cool... Stephanie must have gone crazy for this - amazing work!
Alison x

Marjie Kemper said...

Va va voom! These are totally fabulous! Love all the pockets and special touches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...