Monday, November 19, 2012

Vintage Butterfly Birthday

  Hey there. Thanks for stopping by! I made this card for Shannon's birthday which was November 1st. Shannon is my husband's cousin, although she's more like a niece than a cousin. Her mum Janette is only 6 years older than Mike and they grew up together.
  Into butterflies lately. This one of course, is a Tim Holtz stamp from his Fairytale Frenzy set. I stamped it first on a piece of Sticky Back Canvas after I inked the canvas with some Distress Inks. Then I stamped it again onto some white cs and spritzed it with some blue Glimmer Mist; cut out and attached over top of the butterfly I stamped on the canvas. Added a decorative clock hand for the body and some bling.
  The TH Texture Fade used is from the Fancy Frame set. I cut the centre out. The blue and rust colours are DI (can't remember the names!), spritzed with water for the watercolour technique. Added 4 Tissue Tape butterflies. Also added script Tissue Tape around the edges.


The inside


The back

  As I was posting these photos, I realized I took the photos before I added the verse, and I forgot to add the date stamp! 

 Still a pleasant November, weather wise. Not extremely cold. It was on the mild side on the weekend. People out and about with shorts and T-shirts, for heavens sake! I could certainly get used to that!

  Hope you are getting your Christmas cards done. Thank goodness I took a Christmas Stamp-A-Stack in October! I'm ahead this year!

Have a great week!
i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


9 comments:

Barbara said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your art!

janine stegman said...

I really like the card. Great detail.

craftingcottage said...

Beautiful as always Debbie.... so many details! I love the inking you have done! You just can't help but love butterflies :)
Lisa :)

craftattack said...

Just gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

butterfly said...

Beautiful - such subtle vintage colouring!
Alison x

PetraB said...

This is gorgeous, love the vintage feel of it.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is really great!

Lucy x

Marjie Kemper said...

So pretty, Debbie! Love the misted b'fly.

Nicie Ibarra said...

Gorgeous - love all the details!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...