Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lovely Rita

  Rita Hayworth. I love the old movies and actors and actresses from the glamour years!
  This is the card I made for The Stampsmith Yahoo Group Card Swap. Rita is now living with Margaret in Kingston Ontario! 
  She is a single photo image stamp available for purchase at The Stampsmith Shop.
  All paper is from an old 8x8 pad set from Cosmo Cricket called Fleuriste. I bought it a few years ago at The Great Canadian Dollar Store in Yarmouth Nova Scotia! All the papers have a vintage feel.
  The delicate frame is Memory Box Vaudeville Frame cut out of the same paper. The two fancy pieces on either side of the sentiment are Cheery Lynn Lace Corner Deco B, slightly altered to fit. Rosette lace is from The Cutting Garden. Sentiment and pearls are from Michael's $1.50 bin. Tinted Rita with Metallic Chalks from Pebbles. Tiara Stickles on her necklace.


  The inside. This sentiment was a part of the paper pad set. I cut it out to fit. I thought it was perfect for Rita! Used Martha Stewart Traditional Eyelet punch on the bottom. Another corner from Cheery Lynn Lace Corner Deco B set.


The back. More of the same corners and MS Traditional Eyelet punch.

 Enjoying the swaps, as long as it's only one to one. Don't know if I could handle more than one!

 Mike and I are taking an extra long Thanksgiving weekend. We have Friday off as vacation day along with the holiday Monday. 
  Nothing but rest and relaxation and some play time with paper and ink! Thanks for stopping by!

I made it myself!
debbie
^..^



  This is the card I received from Autumn in sunny California in the Stampsmith Yahoo Group Card Swap. It is gorgeous! she used Distress Inks to colour her. Fabulous Autumn! Thank you very much!

8 comments:

craftingcottage said...

Lovely card made by a lovely Lady!!! As always, I truly admire your use of color, a skill I truly lack.... The detail you put into your creations amaze me! I love this Debbie!!! thanks so much for sharing!!!
Lisa :)

craftattack said...

Great card! Happy weekend and Thanksgiving Day! Hugs, Valerie

morkaren said...

Hvor smukt, der er mange "stjerner" fra glamour tiden der fortjener at blive mindet. knus morkaren.

hazel said...

A lovely card, I love the colour and the beautiful image.
xxx Hazel.

Cheryl said...

oh wow I love this, brilliant image design,and layout love it hugs Cherylxxxx

butterfly said...

I've always loved Rita (Gilda rules!)... and this really does her justice! Beautiful, lush colours, and a fabulously glamorous setting...
Alison x

Marjie Kemper said...

THis one sure makes me smile... beautiful!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

THis one sure makes me smile... beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...