Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happy Bird-day!

  Today is Janette's birthday and this is the card I made for her. Janette is my husband's aunt, although, there is only 6 years between them, and they grew up together, so they are more like brother and sister.
  Used paper from my new 6x6 paper stack! This set is Prima Firefly. Love it!


 This adorable bird stamp is called Newsprint Bird (how appropriate!) and is a Hero Arts wood mounted stamp. 
  Stamped him on Claudine Helmuth Studio, Sticky-back Canvas with black ink; cut out ; inked edges with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. I then decided to stamp him again on paper from the Firefly set and glue to the canvas; inking edges with DI Vintage Photo. 
  I then added some Distress Ink Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint on top ; added a goggly eye. The small tag with string is from the Jewellery section at Michaels. I hand printed the sentiment. The tag is tacked down with a bit of glue, but it does move around.


  The flowers are made with the Retro Daisy small and medium punches. Added Distress Clear Rock Candy Stickles to the larger one.


Inside the card.

The back of the card.


Entering this card in:


  Working on Halloween cards and birthday cards. Also plan on doing another fairy jar and a printer's tray! Have a great week and hope you are enjoying the fall! Love this time of year!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANETTE!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

7 comments:

craftingcottage said...

I love this Debbie! You always put so many details into your creations and I love how perfect your inking always turns out! She is going to LOVE this card! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

How totally sweet! Bet she'll love it. I adore the stacked flowers and the bird on canvas.

butterfly said...

Love your muted pastel colours... the bird is adorable, and I really like the delicious soft swirls on the inside too - great stuff!
Alison x

Cath Wilson said...

Glorious x

hazel said...

This is such a beautiful card, the colours are lovely.
xxx Hazel.

Zoe Sanderson said...

Very pretty, magical in fact those flowers are very special. Thank you for sharing with us at The Stamp Man XOXO Zoe

lynne said...

A lovely whimsical appearance to this birthday card.
I am sure she was thrilled with it.
Wishes
Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...