Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Smile Squared!?

  I made this birthday card for Mike in June and was waiting to post it because I wanted to enter it in a Stampotique challenge, and it fits this weeks challenge: Squares.
 Love Smile! He is one of my fans! Lots of stuff going on here! The base paper that looks like distressed wood, is from an old paper kit from Cosmo Cricket called Halfway Cafe. 


The sentiment "Smile" in the bottle cap is actually a round stamp that fit perfectly. I added a circle fragment to it. The tag base is the colour block technique using Distress Inks and I added some splatter of Vintage Photo. The words were already on this seam binding I found in my stash.

Stamped Smile, coloured with pencils, and then cut him out and popped him up! I stamped a number background stamp on the edge of the tag. You can just see a bit of it here. "MIKE" are letters cut from Tim Holtz paper stash set, Lost and Found.


Clover appears on the inside! 

Entering this card in: 
1. Stampotique: SDC67: Squares
2. Simon Says Stamp! Challenge: Anything Goes

Have a great "Hump Day" and hope your creative juices are running! I have so much to do, I don't know where to start!


get inky!
debbie
^..^


19 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great, Debbie. Love the combination of images you have chosen,

Lucy x

Karin said...

it looks great!!

AssiCrafts said...

What a fun card! Love your background, great colors! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week. XOXO

Sue said...

This is fabulous Debbie, I love all the layers and texture, and Smile is one of my favourite guys too. Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotique Designers challenge x

Janet Zeppa said...

Well Smile is cute in a creepy kinda way! LOL!! Great card.

Julie Case said...

I love this!! You did a great job! Thank you for sharing it :)

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love this card and I'm sure Mike will too. so much texture and detail . Thanks for sharing

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Wow, just wonderful! So manly and still totally adorable! So glad you played along with the squares theme for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week!
Hugs,
Val :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a fantastic card.

Renee said...

I love all the details! Great card.

Happy Days said...

Wow, this is just fantastic. Love all the details.

Thanks for joining us this week over at Stampotique. Good luck. Claire x

Ginger said...

Great card, so much detail. Thank you for entering it into the Stampotique challenge this week. x

Kaz said...

I love this card Debbie, all the elements work so well together. I bet he loved it. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

Marjie Kemper said...

You're so good at masculine cards, Debbie. Love the hand and all the bits tucked in/on/under the tag!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great card and idea! Love the colors, stamps and the whole combo!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love the background. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

Reflective Art Studio said...

WOW wow wow...
Love it all. Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Design Challenge this week. Hope to see you again soon.
Sarinda

Jenn said...

I just love all the fun details of your card!

Thanks for playing with us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge!

Jenn

Debbie said...

Hi Debbie
I have joined you after seeing your lovely card over at Stampotique.
When I read your profile it brought back lots of memories for me. My dad worked in Halifax Nova Scotia in the 70's, he worked for Sullom Voe Oil, so seeing where you were from brought it all back. My father died 8 years ago so it was nice to have a think about him.
Lovely work from you, look forward to seeing what else you produce. Debbiex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...