Saturday, September 1, 2012

Portrait Of A Lady

  Where in the heck did summer go? September 1st already! Yikes!! One good thing though, it has finally cooled down at night, no more sticky!
  New month, new Stampsmith Challenge! This month the theme is "Tags and Bags", using at least one Stampsmith stamps This lovely lady is from the Isn't She Lovely? sheet available at the Stampsmith Shop. I stamped her on glossy cs with Colorbox Mudslide. Then used some DI Old Paper and Vintage Photo around edges. 



 I made a circle from some zipper ribbon I bought at The Cutting Garden. The daisy is cut from Die-Namics Upsy Daisy die, also at The Cutting Garden. Gorgeous black ribbon/lace from fabric store. Added some tulle under the zipper ribbon.
  All paper used is from Prima Almanac 6x6 paper stack. The doily is from Cheery Lynn, called French Pastry Doily. 
  The pocket is made from mini paper sacks and then covered in paper. I buy the paper sacks from Michaels in the Gift Wrap and Accessories section. Great for gift cards and money. 

The sacks measure 2 1/2 in. x 4 in. and they come in kraft and white.

  This shows the smaller tag out of the pocket. This beauty is from the Flappers #1 sheet available at the Stampsmith Shop.


  Back of the small tag with a place to write a little greeting. The small tag was store bought; before I bought my dies!

  I love making tags. I just recently bought 2 tag dies I'm anxious to play with:


 This one is Sizzix Originals - Tags, Scallop Combo#2 - 3 tags


  This one is a set of 5 dies, also from Sizzix, called Framelits Tags, Fancy Die Set - 5 tags. Very vintage, I think. Perfect for Stampsmith stamps! I bought these at our local paper craft shop, The Cutting Garden.
  
  This is your basic everyday tag. I use this one all the time. I love that you can cut out 2 reinforcers too! It's the Tim Holtz / Sizzix Tag and Bookplate set.

Entering this lovely lady in:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #29 – Anything Floral /Handmade Flowers


  Well it's the long weekend! But it also means summer is coming to an end! Boo! 
  Hope you get out your Stampsmith stamps and join us for this month's challenge, "Tags and Bags". Get Inky!


Wishes
Debbie
^..^



11 comments:

craftattack said...

Lovely tag and the colours are just my taste! Valerie

nichtniedlich said...

I like the soft colors, the delicate shapes and the exquisite mix of material - absolutly wonderful!
kind regards, serafeena

lynne said...

Hi Debbie
This is all just so pretty and love your embellishments.
Wishes
Lynne

inkypinkycraft said...

this is stunning, love the colours and the beautiful vintage feel , trace x

Sandy said...

Thanks so much Debbie. Your work is stunning and I do appreciate you sharing some ideas!
Sandy

Marjie Kemper said...

SO beautiful, Debbie! Love the mix of paper lace and actual lace... just gorgeous.

Ana K. said...

With one word...stunning!!!!

butterfly said...

Such amazing inspiration for the Bags and Tags challenge - utterly lovely stamped doily!
Alison x

lynne said...

Hi Debbie
I commented first as a friend (and DT sister) and now return with my FSC cap on to say that this is just so pretty and feminine.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC this fortnight.
Wishes
Lynne

Terry said...

Love, love, love this! That flower is gorgeous and I love the stamping on the doily! Great colors and all! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Ellie said...

What an elegant card!

Thanks for joining at FSC!
xxx Ellie xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...