Monday, September 3, 2012

Fairy Jar

  And now for something completely different! I've been working on this for the last couple of weeks or so. Finally happy with the results. I saw a few on Pinterest and the web and I thought I'd give it a go. 
  Used some "bits and bobs" I have around the house. Mike and I went Rockhounding a few years back, so I have some nice little stones and rocks. I collect thimbles, and my mom was a sewer, quilter, so you'll see one of her thimbles on the bottom right, beside the Canadian penny.
   I found the Mason jar in the basement and if I make another one, I will get one at the craft store with a wider mouth. I couldn't get my hand inside, so I used the end of a paint brush to place things and move things around.


 This adorable free vintage little girl image came from Suzee Que's Flickr page. Thank you Suzee! The wings are from the Tim Holtz Grungeboard Plain Elements set. I covered them in script paper and then stamped them with DI Tattered Rose. The crinkle lace, is fromThe Cutting Garden. The little plastic rose in her hair I found in my stash. Gave her some pink in her cheeks with chalk.
I even put a couple of items outside the jar! This is a butterfly I cut out from The Pinkpaislee Butterfly Garden Collection. Attached it to grungepaper, added wire for feelers and pearls for the body. The paper behind her is also form this set.
This fairy charm is also on the outside. I think I pretty much bought all Kim had at The Cutting Garden!
The little bottle is from the Dollar Store and it already had these micro beads in it! The label, "Fairy Dust" is from 7gypsies, Primitive Apothecary Labels. Her little wand laying beside her is made from a toothpick with some DI Vintage Photo and a star sticker attached to it. I sprinkled some Flower Soft Spring and some crystals in the jar, as well as some pearls. 




  Tag Side




The other side. The piece of porcelain at the bottom was found when we had our backyard dug up because of an oil tank leak 15 or so years ago. I also have a couple of little bottles they found too.
The back

The top

Used a product called Sophisticated Finishes, Rust Antiquing Set. Easy to apply and I love the look, old and grungy! The rose tulle ribbon is from The Cutting Garden

I used a glass cabinet knob I bought from Home Depot and added a fancy pink button on top, which came from a co-workder. A shout out to Donna! Thanks! I hot glued white pearl buttons around the top of the lid. Ribbon is from Michaels.

Entering this in:
The Stamp Man: Alter It

Beautiful weather for the long weekend! Thanks for stopping by! Muchly appreciate it! Get inky!
Debbie
^..^

18 comments:

craftingcottage said...

How sweet is this Debbie!! It is so very pretty!!! I can see how much you enjoyed making it, it is just precious!!!
Lisa :)

lynne said...

This is just so adorable Debbie.
Wishes
Lynne

Ana K. said...

Marvellous creation Debbie!!! I can not believe that you worked with tweezers....
Hugs

Leda said...

Very pretty, love it

sunflowermel said...

LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!!! It was worth the wait!!!
Mel

craftattack said...

Just beautiful Debbie, great piece! Valerie

Zoe Sanderson said...

Wonderful work terrific alteration, you must be thrilled to bit with it. Thank you for sharing with us at The Stamp Man XOXO Zoe

PetraB said...

Absolutely adorable, a wonderful piece.

Cathy L. Calamas said...

So fantastic!! You have inspired me. Such great details!

Marjie Kemper said...

Debbie, it's gorgeous! I can't get over how you did this without being able to use your hand... like a ship in the bottle moving things around with the paint brush. I love all the details, inside and out, especially that sweet tag spelling out the info on your captured fairy.

Janet Zeppa said...

Wow Debbie it looks like you spent tons of time on this! Gorgeous!

Margie said...

Amazing piece of work Debbie - you can tell a lot of time and love has gone into it.

Anne Kristine said...

Wow! Gorgeous! ♥♥♥

inkypinkycraft said...

what a totally beautiful piece, there is so much detail here and all the time that must have gone into this has paid off, it is beautiful...something to treasure..trace x

Nicie Ibarra said...

This is an unbelievable piece of art!!!! Absolutely beautiful!!! :)

Terry said...

Debbie, this fairy jar is gorgeous! I love all the elements you added. It is like visiting a secret garden!

Julie Mutch said...

My goodness Debbie, this is spectacular! What a fantastic idea. I'm inspired to make one for each of my girls - they love fairies. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Hugs,
Julie

butterfly said...

Just delicious - what a glorious jar full of delight!
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...