Sunday, August 19, 2012

Take Time To Read

A room without books,
is like a body without a soul
~ Cicero

  One of my fav quotes about books. This is a stamp I bought months ago and I have been trying to find the time to play with it. He is from Stampendous and he's called "Cattus Librum Cat Stamp". Love it! 

  I stamped him on white cs and inked him with some DI Old Paper and Vintage Photo. Cut the background out and popped him up with foam. I "pinked" his nose and ears with a pink coloured pencil and traced his glasses with Spica Pitch Black Glitter Pen to make them pop. I stamped him again on white cs and cut out the book and popped up with foam. The photo doesn't capture that very well.

  Tim Holtz paper clip, "K Knowledge" Muse Token and a Label Pull. The word "READ" is free hand. The papers are from BoBunny Weekend Market 6x6 pad and the book page paper at top and script at bottom is from another set, which escapes me at the moment! 
  
The brown paper I coated with Distress Ink Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy to give it an old feel, like old wood. Buttons are from my stash.
  Ribbon is Hug Snug Seam Binding, inked with DI Pine Needles. The library pocket and card is Maya Road Kraft Library Cards w/Envelopes. Love this BoBunny paper. It looks like a card catalog!

  On the back of the library card I used a rubber stamp from 7gypsies, "The Fine Print". Funny. This looks like an optical illusion. The card doesn't look like it fits in the pocket! 

Entering this tag in:
1. Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Animal Antics
2. Simon Says Stamp And Show Challenge: No Rules


  This is the very last day of our 2 week vacation. Boo! Mike wants to know if I have finished whining about it yet! Absolutely not! 


  Have a very creative week, and get inky!
Debbie
^..^ 

10 comments:

morkaren said...

Et dejligt og gennemtænkt bogmærke. knus morkaren.

Candy C said...

Very cute and creative kitty tag! I love interactive pieces and this one is really cute with the library card pocket and cards on the back side. Very creative idea! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

lynne said...

I am a Bookworm, always have been and that is one of my all time favourite quotes.
Such a great tag Debbie.
Wishes
Lynne

Alison said...

A wonderful vintage style tag Debbie! x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fanastic tags, love the images.

debby4000 said...

Oh I do love your animal antics tag Debbie, its gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

butterfly said...

Gorgeous stamp, and a splendid tag - the quote is quite wonderful! Generally, I'm not happy until you can't see the room for the books!
Alison x

Suzanne C said...

Love that cat and how he has such a smug expression with his glasses! Sweet tag with the pocket! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Ana K. said...

Debbie this is fantastic tag, totally love it!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great tag, Debbie! Love that 'knowledge' word charm and the green ribbon seems to match the book bindings exactly. Super!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...