Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I Love Lucy!

  LOVE Lucy! Who doesn't? This fabulous photo image stamp is available at The Stampsmith Online ShopIt's August 1st and a new challenge at The Stampsmith. This month it's Anything Goes!

  I made this card for my dear friend Roxanne who is celebrating a birthday. I stamped Lucy on glossy cs with ColorBox Wicked Black, sponged some DI Old Paper on top of the entire stamped image and background, used DI Vintage Photo on the edges. I then tinted her with chalks and added Platinum Stickles to her earring.


  This intricate frame is one of my new dies I bought at a local paper craft store, The Cutting Garden. It's a Memory Box die cut called Vaudeville Frame. Love it! I added some bling to it and 2 Bubble Drop dimensional stickers from Jolee's Boutique French Collection. 


  The sentiment stamp is 7gypsies and the gorgeous papers are Basic Grey Curio 6x6 pad set.




Inside. Words from computer

Back

Entering Lucy in:
1. Fashionable Stamping Challenge #27: Anything Goes
2. Simon Says Stamp and Show: What Do You Say?
3. Try It On Tuesday: Anything Goes


 Hope to see your creation in The Stampsmith Challenge, Anything Goes! You must use at least one Stampsmith stamp. Something new this month! TWO WINNERS! Check out the blog for all the juicy details! Give it a go! You could win a $21 gift card to The Stampsmith Online Shop! Have a great week!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROXANNE!


Get Inky!
Debbie
^..^



27 comments:

craftattack said...

Pretty card, my Mum used to love watching Lucy! Valerie

Janet Zeppa said...

What a cool stamp! Love your card and I love Lucy!

Candy C said...

Debbie...your birthday card to your friend is a treasure! I love your design! Lucy is awesome and I love how you've colorized her. That frame die cut is wonderful! It really accentuates that wonderful picture of Lucy. Job well done! thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

How fabulous, Debbie! Love how you've colored her and framed it. Beautiful!

morkaren said...

Uha, jeg elsker også Lucy, hun var et stort komisk talent. knus morkaren.

lynne said...

Hi Debbie
The sentiment is so much fun.
I like the tinting of the image and those gorgeous papers you used - scrummy.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. Thanks for that lovely comment on my Portia brooch.

Evil Edna said...

wonderful, just makes me think of talking on an old phone while painting your nails! glam and fabulous, thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

2amscrapper said...

I love Lucy, too! This is a beautiful card design!

Ana K. said...

I agree. Lucy is awesome, but your card is even more awesome. You choose perfect colours to get that vintage tuch and lace...super!

Trish Latimer said...

Love this Debbie!! The sentiment is just perfect!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Debbie, Love the image.
Thanks for joining us at TioT
Avril

Marina said...

Beautiful and humourous - nice one.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, great image.

Terry said...

Love that sentiment and such a fabulous card! This is a beautiful vintage card! I Love Lucy! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

lynne said...

Hi Debbie
Returning, this time to comment with my FSC cap on!
Again, to say great use of Lucy for this fun but also very stylish card.
Thank you for joining us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the great die- the image- you are so right- who doesn't love Lucy!

Shar said...

Great card! I love how you have framed the Lovely Lucy!

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Beautiful!! I love Lucy myself. Great stamp!!

Sharon said...

Stunning!! I love Lucy too!!

Dallying Debz said...

Such a pretty card!

I sometimes think that some of the vintgae lady images aren't very pretty, but Lucy is so pretty! They sometimes look a little austere, dare I say it!

My name is Cindy said...

Just lpve this card - so funny and very pretty too! Thank you for joining us at TioT, Cindy

Plastic Card said...

This is so lovely card. So beautiful design with the perfect color. I appreciate it.

butterfly said...

Completely delicious Lucille Ball image (great tinting too!) - and I love how you've surrounded her with rich, vibrant colours! Wonderful card, inside and out...
Alison x

Maria said...

I love these iconic images. Your card is stunning, and that frame is beautiful. I do like the colours you've used. Fabulous creations on your blog :-)

Maria x

Michele said...

i'm a big lucy fan and what you've done here is a great tribute to her, wonderfully colorful and just gorgeous. i just joined the stampsmith challenge and am visiting all the DTs. your blog is awesome. xo

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Did I mention how much I love this project? :)
Had a look around at all that's new...just soooo lovely!
Val :)

nichtniedlich said...

I love the colors - and this special frame is amazing. Great job!
kind regards, serafeena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...