Sunday, August 12, 2012

By The Seashore

  Week 2 of vacation! Taking it easy and relaxing. Which also means getting the ink and paper out more often!

  There's a new challenge at The Cutting Garden a local paper craft store operated by the lovely Kim. They will be hosting a challenge on the 5th of every month. For August, the challenge is a card sketch and/or page layout sketch. Check out their blog for all the juicy details.

  This is my take on their card sketch. I was dying to try out these stamps I bought at The Cutting Garden; Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps, Seaside set. So cute! I stamped her on a Nesties circle die cut and then popped her up with foam. This was a slight departure from my vintage/grungy style. More Shabby Chic!

  Papers are from My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart 6x6 pad. I used beach glass, which I bought, but, I do have some beach glass I picked up from the beaches here in Nova Scotia, but I don't have much left. I guess I'll have to go beach combing again!

  The gorgeous doily die cut is from Cheery Lynn, French Pastry Doily. The owners of Cheery Lynn are dropping in to The Cutting Garden for a day of demos using their dies. Very excited! I signed up! Kim has also asked us crafters in the area to make cards using Cheery Lynn dies and to bring them in to display in her store for when they arrive.


Inside the card. Really nice sentiment stamps with this set as well as the images. I stamped the bird and silver dollar on matching papers and cut them out.
Back of card. I stamped the little girl on matching paper and then cut out her hat, like I did on the front of the card.

Entering this card in:
1. The Cutting Garden August Sketch Challenge
2. Fashionable Stamping Challenge #28: Summer Ice Cream Colours
3. Art With No Boundaries: Anything Goes & Rhythm of the Sea Part 1

Last day of the Olympics! Boo! Have a great week and get inky!


Debbie
^..^ 


19 comments:

lynne said...

Hi Debbie
Beautiful, delicate ice cream colours which are perfect for those stamps you've chosen.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Bonnie Irvine said...

Wonderful layers and distressing. This card has such a pretty vintage feel to it. Love the hat on the girl and on the back...so cute. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Art With No Boundaries.

craftattack said...

Gorgeous card, so many pretty details! Valerie

Sue C said...

Beautiful card Debbie, the image is so sweet and I love the doily and how you've finished the inside and the back of the card too. Thanks for joining us at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. Sue C x

Shirl said...

This looks so dreamy Debbie with such beautiful ice cream colours I feel as if I am on the beach with her.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Ellis said...

Gorgeous card and I like how you framed the image and added the little flip flops in the corners! =) Great details and sentiment too!
Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries! =)
Hugs, Elenor DT

Janet Zeppa said...

Love the shabby chic Debbie! so cute.
That class should be lots of fun. :)

Beverly G said...

Thanks for getting inky with Art With No Boundaries, love your Shabby Chic beachy card.

Marjie Kemper said...

That is so sweet, Debbie! I love how the hat pops right off the paper and the way you blinged out the sandals.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card with great summer feeling. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

MezzoKat said...

This card brings back memories of Nova Scotia;I can smell the seaweed and hear the rhythmic beat of the waves. Love the little girl stamp.
P.S. My lovely daughter-in-law is from Martin's River.

Karen McAlpine said...

This is so cute, Debbie!! That store sounds awesome!! Wish I was close to and the store!

trisha too said...

Debbie, this is adorable--so pretty!

:)

PetraB said...

This is so darling, lovely icecream colours.

Mrs.B said...

This is such a pretty card, love the soft colours with the distressing.
Thanks for joining our ice cream challenge a FSC
Avril

Terry said...

Beautiful way to spend your vacation! Love how you framed the cutie with the doily! Thank you for playing along with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Lori said...

Love how you accented the hat in that sweet image with the polka dots - great card! So glad you joined us at Art With No Boundaries!

Fliss said...

A really gorgeous creation and thanks for sharing this with us at the FSC summer challenge.
Fliss x

Chris / CS Designs said...

Debbie, Absolutely lovely card. Love the soft look, makes you want to relax and spend the day at the beach. Always glad to have you join us on Art With No Boundaries.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...