Friday, August 17, 2012

Butterflies: Self Propelled Flowers

  How true this sentiment is! Got a little artsy with this one. Used my pearl watercolour paints on white watercolour paper, then coated it a couple times with Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy, which gives it a "rough feel". Tore 2 sides and inked with DI vintage photo. I LOvE using paints or Distress Inks to make watercolour backgrounds!  One of my fav techniques!

  The Angel Wing was cut using gold paper. I then added some Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy. I spritzed the black part of the butterfly with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle. 

  This card is on display at The Cutting Garden a local paper craft store. On Saturday August 25th, the owners of Cheery Lynn dies will be at the store demonstrating their gorgeous dies. Kim the lovely proprietor of The Cutting Garden asked local crafters to make cards and artwork using Cheery Lynn dies to display in the store for when they arrive. 

  I was in the store yesterday, and man oh man, what a display! If you're in the area you should drop by. You might want to see if there are spots left for demo day. There's a make and take! Check it out! It's FREE!

The Cheery Lynn dies I used on this card were:
1. Lace Corners Deco B
2. Small Lace Butterfly with Angel Wing
3. French Pastry Doily

  All of these dies are available at The Cutting Garden.
   
I used a Tim Holtz pen nib for the body of the butterfly. You can just make out the word, "thoughts". I inked the doily edges with DI Vintage Photo (what else!)


The sentiment stamps (see inside of card), are both from a set of 9 stamps called "Take Wing" by Darcie's Rubber Stamps. Love this set! I stamped the sentiment onto ribbon which I found in my stash. It fit perfectly and adds to the shabby chic/vintage look!?


The inside. This is the other sentiment stamp from the set. The butterfly is also part of the stamp set. I stamped it on orangey gold paper and paper pieced it.

Entering this card in:
Simon Says Stamp And Show Challenge: Favourite Technique

  Well, this is our last day of vacation! Boo! Back to work on Monday! It's a little cooler here today, after the rain. Not as humid. Have a great weekend and get inky!


Debbie
^..^



9 comments:

morkaren said...

"Sommerfugle,selvkørende blomster" hvor er det godt tænkt, vi elsker alle både blomster og sommerfugle. knus morkaren.

Janet Zeppa said...

So creative using the pen nib! The dies look awesome!

craftattack said...

Great card, have fun at that craft shop, too! Pity it's such a long way, or I would have popped over! Hugs, Valerie

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful intricate butterfly and the body from the pen nib is a lovely detail. Lovely card. Glad you joined us at Simo Says Stamp and Show.

Marjie Kemper said...

That b'fly die is smashing, Debbie, and the pen nib's an awesome embellishment. The whole card's a total stunner!

suzieq23 said...

LOVE IT!!! I hope you dont mind if I use it for some inspiration. thanks, sue

lynne said...

Hi Debbie
This is so pretty and also very dreamy.
Wishes
Lynne

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Seriously gorgeous!!
xx

butterfly said...

Gorgeous - can't think why I wasn't already signed up, but I've sorted that out now!!
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...