Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vintage Wedding

  This is a wedding card I made for Grace and Calum. I waited until after the wedding so I could use a photo I took, instead of using a vintage image. I tinted it to look vintage in a web program (it's free!) called Pixlr. 
  All the papers are from Prima Almanac 6x6 paper stack collection which I purchased at The Cutting Garden, a local paper craft store. Ribbon and tulle from Michaels. The sentiment stamp is from a wedding set from Inkadinkadoo. The flower is hand torn and I "hardened' it using Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy, and added some Diamond Stickles on top.


This is the inside, top. A small kraft paper gift bag covered in the Prima paper to hold a gift card or money.


Love this sentiment stamp! It's by Verses Rubber Stamps. Not sure where I purchased it from though: "In story books marriage is a Happy Ending. In real life it's a Happy Beginning"


This is the back of the card. The sentiment with my name and "cat" graphic is a rubber stamp I had made at Carousel Rubber Stamps, a local craft store. I also stamp the date of the event, or the date I made the card.

Closeup of the flower

Entering this card in:

 Grace was also my co-worker and her last day at work was Friday. She will be joining Calum in Fort McMurray Alberta to begin a fabulous new life; a new chapter. Wishing her and Calum all the best! Going to miss her terribly!

Have a great weekend! I will be glued to the TV, as I am an Olympic junkie!

GO CANADA!

Debbie
^..^


14 comments:

Janet Zeppa said...

Debbie your card is beautiful! I LOVE your handmade flower!!

lynne said...

Debbie
Such a beautiful card with so much thought and love put into it.
Wishes
Lynne

Calum said...

I know she's going to miss you too, Debbie but we'll be back in Nova Scotia at some point! I guess looking at this just spoiled me seeing the card for the first time- but you did an amazing job!

craftattack said...

Lovely card! Valerie

Lin said...

they will treasure this! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Lisa :) said...

This is gorgeous!

Leda said...

Love the cars

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous card, Debbie! Love your stacked flowers and that fab sentiment.... SO true!

Candy C said...

What a lovely wedding card and the perfect sentiment for it! I think your friends will love having a card with their picture on it rather than some random couple. Beautifully done card! I love the distressing, the layering of papers, the ribbons adn the netting. That shabby flower is just gorgeous! <3 Candy

Candy C said...

I got so excited about your card that I forgot to thank you for joining our challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Very pretty and I really love your gift card holder bag idea. I too am glued to the tv - just love the Olympics

cheiron said...

What a gorgeous card that I am sure will be treasured. Thank you for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Ana K. said...

Really gorgeous card..great details...

Zoe Sanderson said...

Lovely idea a very special memory piece for your friends thank you for sharing this treasure with us at The Stamp Man XOXO Zoe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...