Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dads Day

  This handsome quirky fellow with little dreams is from a "new-to-me" stamp set I bought back in March. It's from the Tim Holtz line, Winged Things. I paper pieced him.
  Made this for my father-in-law, Rod for Father's Day. He'll be turning 90 this November! He's sharp as a whip; loves to read; does crosswords every morning; surfs the net and loves to watch golf. Will have to get my thinking cap on and make him a really special birthday card.
  The papers are from BoBunny et cetera 6x6 pad. The blue Japanese Washi tape is called "Old Book" and I got it from a local art supply store called Deserres. Sentiment is from the computer and stuck on Ideal-ology Film Strip Ribbon. Pen nibs and gear is also Tim's. The coffee stain is actually in the paper, although I do have several coffee stain stamps.

THE INSIDE:


THE BACK: 

Debbie
^..^

18 comments:

craftattack said...

Lovely, grungy piece, just my ticket! Hugs, Valerie

Candy C said...

LOVE your Father's Day card! You did a wonderful job of distressing the front! I love Tim's stamp that you used! Love your layering of papers! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Bonnie Irvine said...

This collaged card is very cool...all distressed and layered. I really like the way you paper pieced the winged man. Never thought of using washi tape on my cards although I use it in my art journal. Thanks for that idea. Thanks also for joining us in our Heavy Metal challenge at Art With No Boundaries. I hope your FIL loves it!

Scrappin' Stacy said...

A very manly card! Love all of the layers you have.

Jingle said...

This is really a fantastic card!

Shar said...

Great gents card! Love it!

trisha too said...

Great Father's Day card, Debbie!!

:)

Mynnette said...

Oooo, LOVE the steampunk father's day! This is great--really love all the paper pieced pieces! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Sharon said...

A great vintage style Fathers Day card Debbie!! Love the images.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous card- love the image- great colors- hope your FIL loves it!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Thanks Debbie for your kind comment om my canvas: Live...really appreciate it!
You have a great blog with various and lovely creations, it shows your love for cardmaking!

greetings, Alie :-)

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Debbie
I love that it is grungy and slightly whimsical at the same time.
I finished my Father's Day card yesterday evening - enjoyed spending the time with my craft supplies.
Wishes
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

Great card, Debbie! I love that winged man and the patterned papers you chose are the perfect match.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful card with great details.

Cazro said...

A steampunk Father's Day card, lovely details. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz

Chris / CS Designs said...

Debbie, Great piece. I love the colors and all the different printed material. Thank you for sharing this with us on Art With No Boundaries. Always nice to come see what you create.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous card Debbie and thanks so much for entering our masculine card challenge at Make My Monday.
Hugs, Fliss x

Lori said...

This is a great card for Father's Day! Love the crown and wings... So glad you linked up at Art With No Boundaries!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...