Thursday, March 1, 2012

TSC28: Flip 'n Fold - Vintage Diamond Fold

  It's March 1st and that means a new challenge over at The Stampsmith! This lovely lady is from the "Isn't She Lovely" sheet
  Valerie is hosting this months theme called, Flip 'N Fold. Here's what she's looking for: "find interesting ways of incorporating folds into a project. For example, use an interesting new fold if you are creating a card, incorporate pieces or parts that flip up, down or open on your project, or put folded pieces of paper or fabric into your creation in some way.   
  We did a Diamond Fold Card in our crop group, and I thought it would be perfect for this. 
  I stamped her on glossy cs using Color Box Archival Dye Wicked Black ink. I then used DI Old Paper with an applicator and applied on top of her. (Thanks Val!), then inked edges with DI Vintage Photo. Gave her a few wrinkles here and there and tore the corner. As I told some friends, the story is her sweetie has been carrying her photo in his wallet for some time, that's why she's a little "worn and torn"! 
 Holding her together is a decorative paper clip from K&Company. 
  Here are some closeups, and what's inside:
Front, unfolded:
Inside:


Once I did one, I couldn't stop! I made 3 more; A bird, A flower and a butterfly. Here they are:


Bird Diamond Fold Card:

The bird is from Stampin' Up! I stamped it on DP from the same set as the card; cut him out; glued to grungepaper. The rosettes with tulle were white. I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist in a blue (can't remember what the name of the colour is!) that matched the paper. Torn pieces of paper under bird are from another paper set. Heart doily from Michaels, cut in half.

Inside:
Flower Diamond Fold Card:

Flower was made by tearing circles of different sizes of the same paper ; inking edges with DI Vintage Photo; then layering them.

Inside:
Butterfly Diamond Fold Card:

Butterfly is TH die glued to grungepaper; stamped with script stamp. Sprayed with Sparkle Sheer Spritz. The filigree clock hand is from Bead Landing which I bought at Michaels. My new favourite "findings"!

Inside:
Entering in the following:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes

  The Diamond Fold was really fun to make! There are great tutorials on YouTube.

  Hope you are having a great week. Give the Diamond Fold a go! Get your Stampsmith stamps out and join us this month!
  Get Inky!
  Debbie
  ^..^




A fellow blogger and friend, Ali, included my birdie diamond fold card on her Vintage Page Designs: 5 Friday Favourites blog. Check out her other favs for the week!



25 comments:

Sue said...

Debbie these are absolutely beautiful, the blue on the bird card really pops, and those handmade flowere are gorgeous x

Ephemera said...

WOW these are stunning, your DT card is awesome, I love them all, I feel inspired now as my mojo had wandered off somewhere but I can feel it returning. XX

hellerlittle said...

Wohooooooooo...
you gave me so much inspiration ~ tab ~
love your TH butterfly card, looks such amazing to me !!!!

CU hellerlittle

Sharon said...

Absolutely stunning Debbie!!! I've made this fold card once but you have certainly inspired me to make another!!!

Ali Manning said...

Wow, wow, wow - all these cards are amazing. You're one talented lady :)

Lindart said...

Wow! These are beautiful! What a lot of work (read fun!). I love them all!

Cheryl said...

oh wow Debbie,Hun this is just incredible,the whole design,images,and layers just work beautifully just love this hugs Cherylx

lynne said...

Debbie
Your cards are a triumph, stunning creations, particularly the first with that shabby chic goodness.
I've never tried a diamond fold, in fact this was completely outwith my comfort zone!
Wishes
Lynne

Shelley said...

1st photo was so lovely I was smiling, then scrolled down and my jaw dropped, lol. Fancy fold indeed. Thanks for sharing. They are all beautiful and amazing.

Vicki Romaine said...

Absolutely gorgeous. It is hard to pick the one I like best.

Maria said...

These are absolutely fabulous, I love how they fold out.

Maria x

Terry said...

Just a little busy creating! Oh my and I was so taken by the first and then three more. Each one is so unique and wonderful and I mean front and back! Love them all!

Julie Mutch said...

Debbie, you've outdone yourself! They're all simply gorgeous! I'll have to post the two I made at our crop...I was waiting until you posted yours as I didn't want to spoil the surprise! lol :)

Hugs,
Julie

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Debbie, these are each treasures! I love them all folded up (just the outside!) and then to see all the interior stamping and decorations... WOW!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- all of these are amazing!!! Zeepers- all of them are wonderful!

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Beautiful cards, thanks for sharing!! You just gave me a fabulous idea for using my simply scored diagonal plate! Thanks for the inspiration Debbie!!

Mary Ann Potter said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! How inspiring to see such paper pretties!!!

PetraB said...

These cards are stunning, I would not know which one to choose!

hazel said...

A stunning collection of beautiful cards - I love them all.
xxx Hazel

Shar said...

All stunning and incredible folding!

Val du Lac said...

I love all these beautiful diamond cards ! Stunning work ! Thank you for sharing ! Bises, Val

Mandy said...

Beautiful cards Debbie, all so different but all so pretty :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Wax Beach Artist said...

Wow these are great!

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Love love love love how these turned out, Debbie! Beautiful!
Val :)

Laura said...

Hi Debbie,
I recently "discovered" the Diamond Fold and am loving it! Your cards are just the most beautiful I've seen! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!
Laura H.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...