Monday, March 12, 2012

Laugh Out Loud

  When I saw him for the first time, I laughed right out loud! When you see vintage photos, most of the time the people in the photos don't even crack a smile. This guy is having more than a giggle! I found him HERE
  I made this tag for me, and he's at work sitting on my filing cabinet. The background paper, "business cards", ruler paper at bottom are all Tim Holtz Paper Stash. You might have noticed the profession I gave him. Since he is probably a serious fellow most of the time, being an Undertaker and all, he has to relieve his stress once in awhile with a good belly laugh! I know. I'm making up stories for my cards again!
  Used TH gear and paper clip, as well as his coffee stain stamp. The turn key, pointing finger and metal ruler at top are all Bead Landing found at Michaels. The alarm clock, 2 screw brads and "Laugh" token are from my stash (don't know where I got them!). The sentiment stamp, "You Are Laugh Out Loud Funny" I got at Michaels in their $1.50 bin! Can't beat that!
  Here are a couple of closeups and the back of the tag:


Entering Laughing Guy in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything Goes
2. The Stamp Man: Vintage Theme

  Hope he gives you a laugh! Thanks for stopping by and have a very creative and inky week!


Debbie
^..^

32 comments:

Bearcrazyman said...

Great Tag, Love everything about it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this image- you are so right about the smiling image! I love the fun embellishments.

Sharon said...

This is so fantastic Debbie and so much fun - that picture really does make you laugh!!

Barbara said...

Love it!

Wax Beach Artist said...

Debbie your right! That guy made me laugh so hard when I saw him. Your tag is wonderfully done and I am sure it's a great stress reliever at the office!

craftattack said...

Love your tag, and the laughing man is great; I wonder what he is laughing about?? Hugs, Valerie

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful tag!

Cath Wilson said...

You're right - that's a very unusual and brilliant image - love this tag x

Willy said...

Thanks for the laugh. Great tag!

Dorothy said...

Love the tag!!!

Yvonne Garner said...

Love your tag! I like how you used a variety of embellishments. They all fit together very well.

Annette Green said...

This was the first thing I read this morning and it cracked me up! Love your sense of humor. And I love how you made this for you. Terrific! Thank you!

Jingle said...

This is just absolutely wonderful! What a great photo and I love the tag you created for him!

Shelley said...

Something about a laugh that's contagious, lol. It is a great photo but I hope he's not laughing at one of his clients!

Terry said...

I so agree with you about those people who don't smile in vintage photos. Some are actually kind of scary, but not this happy guy! Love this tag and all the embellishments! Have a great day!

Alexa said...

Great vintage tag and fabulous photo!

Gaby Bee said...

This tag is absolutely stunning! Love it!

Have a sunny day!
Gaby

Cathy L. Calamas said...

So rare to see a laughing vintage photo. Great tag. Love the undertakers card peeking out behind him.

Mary said...

I do love this tag and the picture is wonderful. I collect old photos and I can't say I've ever seen one like this. A real treasure.

PetraB said...

Absolutely great tag and such good fun. Love the coffee/tea stains/circles on the photo (lol)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic tag with great details. The photo makes me smile.

trisha too said...

That omage is too much fun, love what you did with him!

:-)

2amscrapper said...

love this lol image and your beautiful tag

Ali Manning said...

This is fantastic, Debbie!

Marjie Kemper said...

What an awesome tag, Debbie! You did make me laugh. Love all the layering and that sentiment stamp is fantastic!

Hellemor said...

What a lovely fun tag. Love the image and your design.

Netty said...

Terrific tag, x

lynne said...

Hi Debbie
This is too fabulous!!! I love the thought process, the profession you gave him and the sentiment stamp.
A great tag for you to have a work especially for stressful days!
Wishes
Lynne

craftingcottage said...

Debbie I am trying to comment yet again and I am praying this will work! This tag is fantastic! It totally made me laugh! Love it!!! :) Great job!
Lisa :)

Linda Elbourne said...

LOVE all the layers on this piece and the lovely muted colours! Sorry I am so late with my comment this week. Thank you for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon!

Siobhan Fyffe said...

This is a lovely vintage tag Debbie. I love all the layers you have achieved. Thanks for joining us at the Stamp Man.
Siobhan

Ana K. said...

Fantastic tag, love all the details and image…it makes me smile. Hugs from Slovenia!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...