Sunday, February 12, 2012

To My Guy. Happy Valentine's Day!


  Well, what's this you say? It's a labour of love! Made this for Mike. It started out as 12x12 browny beige card stock with splotches here and there, so the brown you see was already there. 
  I saw a Heidi Swapp Tutorial on masking & stamping. She had a heart mask and applied it to a 12x12 scrapbooking page and stamped all around the heart. I really liked the look of it and I thought I would make Mike's card using this technique. I didn't have a heart mask, so I traced TH's Grungeboard heart on to white paper and then cut it out. I then secured it with artist tape (it won't rip the paper when you take it off), and stamped to my heart's content (no pun intended!). 
  Using various stamps, I stamped aimlessly around the heart. When I was done, I took the heart off. Then with DI Aged Mahogany and sponge applicator, I coloured in the heart. Added Rock Candy Crackle Paint on top of the red and let it dry.
  Stamped TH stamp, "To My Valentine" on same paper as background, cut it out, and popped it up on heart. Added some TH Music Tissue Tape, and other "stuff". Take a look:


Closeups:




Inside of card:

Back of card:


I'm going all out with this one! 
My heart is entered in:
1. Sugar Creek Hollow: Masculine Valentine
2. Sunday Stamper: Wk192 I Will Always Love You
3. Simon Says Stamp & Show: Anything Goes!
4. Grungy Monday 36: Who Loves Ya, Baby?
5. Inspiration Emporium: Put A Heart On It 


Hope you're getting all your cards done! Have a fabulous week and thanks for stopping by!


Chocolate! Yum!
Debbie
^..^




Great news! Valentine for hubby won Card of the Week at Sugar Creek Hollow! Thank you ladies! Congrats to the winner, Trace at Inkypinkycraft, and all who participated!

35 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just awesome! I love your masculine take with the cool masking technique. Oh- and thanks for the recent FYI about PIXIS- my computer is out of omission and it is wonderful to use without downloading anything!

Beverly Gotthardt said...

I hope your labor of love pays off with a big box of chocolates because this is a beauty.

Julie Mutch said...

Debbie, this is stunning! I'm sure your guy will adore it, especially because you made it with love! :)

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Debbie, AWESOME card. your guys gonna Love it.
Have a wonderful Valentines day
Hugs Lynn

Vintage Page Designs said...

Wow - this is beautiful - your sweetie will love it :)

Yvonne Garner said...

Debbie, your card is stunning! Hubby will love it. Best, Yvonne

Ally White Cat said...

Totally stunning...breath taking...
wow a prize piece of art.

susan salyer

Orion Designs said...

Lovely card Debbie!

craftattack said...

This is really wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

Lindart said...

Love your card Debbie! I saw that technique as well and wanted to try it - I still need to make my guy's card! Thanks for the inspiration! Who makes the To My Valentine stamp?

Kim said...

That is a beautiful labor of love. You have a lucky guy!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous card, Debbie! And hey, it's Valentines Week @ Grungy Monday!

Plume said...

I think you did a great job with your card! Ilove the background collage of stamps ans it is fun to see all the details of the other pages of your card! Bravo.

inkypinkycraft said...

absolutely gorgeous card, just love it!!! hugs trace x

El rincon de vanessa said...

Te quedo realmente bonito!!! me encnata...

Brenda Brown said...

This is fabulous Debbie, such rich vibrant colours and love the heart shape you created.
Have a good week.
hugs {brenda} xox

ลngεŁล said...

Es un trabajo precioso, me ha encnatado.
It's amazing!!, Great job! hugs

Candy C said...

Debbie...your card is fantastic! Love the masking you've done and the tissue tape additions. I love the black/white and distressed light brown combo. It looks amazing! Love your background! I need to watch the Heidi Swapp tutorial. Love your entry! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Hels Sheridan said...

absolutely stunning... love all those different stamped elements... perfect!! thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper

Pamela said...

Hi Debbie, I went to post my creation and then looked at all the others. Yours being #1 is oh sooo correct, it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It is amazing all the techniques and items you have used to create it and it all works together fantastically!

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful card!! Great use of the techniques!

inkypinkycraft said...

i have left you an award on my blog, hugs trace x

Patti P. said...

Debbie, so glad you shared this with us at Sugar Creek Hollow. It is fantastic! I love the technique and you did an awesome job with this. I love the music tape as your bg. He will love your card!

Patti SCH/DT

Hetty said...

What a WONDERFUL Valentine card. So many details to look at!
Happy Valentine's Day! xoxo

Linda Elbourne said...

This is gorgeous Debbie ... I kinda wish I was your Valentine ... Thanks for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon!

Nancy Wethington said...

Debbie, this is a beautiful card. Love the layering on top of the heart. It makes a wonderful statement piece. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Gillian .... said...

Love all the stamped background elements Debbie along with the traditional Red/Black colour combo.

Maria said...

This is totally awesome, Debbie!! Wow!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is drop-dead-gorgeous!! Love the masking, too ... I'm certain your DH loves it!!

Trish Latimer said...

Wow! Love this, so much work in there! fabulous!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Debbie
Amazing card for a guy. Love the texture and that there is so much for the eye to see.
Wishes
Lynne

Fliss said...

An absolutely amazing card Debbie. The masking worked out so well and the effect is just gorgeous. Love the layered stamping and tissue tape embellishing.
Hugs, Fliss x

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is a treasure! love your masking and embellishing...wow!
thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Val du Lac said...

Wow ! stunning card, I love your work on the background and this masculine touch ! bises, Val

Terry said...

Absolutely awesome and I am sure your guy thought the same thing! Love the entire design! Have a great evening!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...