Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Big Girl Yellow Card

  I joined a crop group that meets once a month. We all make one card for a swap; picking names out of a hat. At the previous meet, we decided the card swap theme for our February get together would be a colour you don't use a lot for whatever reason. My colour is yellow. Specifically butter yellow. The yellow I ended up with, I don't mind. It's a deeper yellow.
  I used a yellow Alcohol Ink and a bit of Butterscotch on glossy cs for the background. Then with a felt applicator and a circle stencil, I created some spots here and there. First time for this technique for me and I love the look!
  This rather large girl is a stamp called "Chickadee" by Suzi Blu & Unity Stamps. I love Suzi Blu's big girl stamps! I have 2 and I am anxious to try out the other one.
  As I've mentioned before, I LOVE paper piecing! I stamped her on the glossy paper after inking background. Then I stamped her on the flowered DP; cut her dress out. Then again on maroon cs; cut her sleeves, bows and collar out. Then again on this textured blue paper twice; cut her wings out. Added lace at the bottom of her dress. Stamped her again on white cs and coloured her face hand and neck with Pebbles chalks. Stamped her again on some brown print paper and again on blue paper for the bird she's holding. Cut out all these pieces and glued everything onto TH Grungepaper except her wings which I just glued straight onto the card.
  Added bling paper clip and safety pin TH Tissue Tape, photo corner punch. The flower is done using the print paper I used for her dress. I tore 3 circles from the paper; different sizes. Inked edges with DI Vintage Photo. Added Distress Stickles Rock Candy to stiffen it. Added a red rhinestone in middle. The sentiment stamp is Tim Holtz. The card is a little warped because of the layering, but not too bad. I did apply paper to the inside and the back of the card.
 What great fun this was to make! She is off living with Julie now, as Julie picked my name in the card swap. I picked Louise's name and she made a beautiful star fold card in blue, which is her least favourite colour to use. What is your least favourite colour to use?
  If you haven't tried paper piecing, give it a go! Lot's of fun and you'll love the results.
  
Closeups:


She is entered in:
The Stamp Man Challenge: Texture

  I've taken off the word verification. Hopefully no more spam! Sorry for the inconvenience. Where in the heck did the weekend go! Have a great week! 
Get Inky!
Debbie
^..^

15 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I do not use much yellow either- although I like it on cards made by others : ) Your color is great- I agree the deeper color is pleasing to the eye- love your big girl and the flowers. Great background too!

Cheryl said...

oh this is so effective,the yellow really works well,and love the background love cherylxxx

Ali Manning said...

This is gorgeous - lucky Julie!

Justine said...

I found you on Linky followers and am now following you! Please visit my page when you have a chance http://queenofsavings.com

Ally White Cat said...

I love your card. how wonderful you must really enjoy this group. I also do not use yellow for some reason i have avoided that color in most of my life time adventures.wonderful card.

hugs
susan

Beverly Gotthardt said...

She's the perfect stamp for paper piecing alright, great details. I like the look of that background also, think I'll give it a try also.

Sharon said...

This is so great - what a FUN creation and love the yellow colouring!!

craftattack said...

Fantastic card! But I HATE the double word verification! Valerie

PetraB said...

This is wonderful, yellow is not an easy colour to use but you are a master1

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is cute, contemporary and cool. So much for the eye to find interest in.
Wonderful card Debbie.
Wishes
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

Debbie, she's wonderful! I love the PP you've done here and that added bit of lace/hem on her dress.

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, I've never seen a more gorgeous 'yellow' creation ... this is fabulous!

Cath Wilson said...

I'n not a yellow fan either, but this is lovely - great artwork x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous piece, great colors and details.

Neil said...

Hi there. Lots of lovely details on your project as well as some nice textures. Thanks for playing along with The Stamp Man texture challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...