Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love & Lace, Chocolate & Strawberries!

  It's my turn! I'm the host of The Stampsmith Challenge this month called, "Love & Lace", and it's my first hosting job! The colours in this card reminds me of chocolate and strawberries, yum! Love this image. It's called "The Kiss" and it's available as a single rubber stamp at The Stampsmith Shop.
  I stamped it on cream Copic paper with Ancient Page Chocolate ink. Tinted with Pebbles chalks. The yummy chocolate brown rosette lace with tulle is from a local scrapbooking store, The Cutting Garden. Comes in several colours. The paper is all from The Mind's Eye Lost & Found Union Square 6x6 pad set. Other lace used from Dollar Store.
  Some closeups:

  Get out your Stampsmith Stamps and play along. You could win some rubber!  You can't win if you don't play!
  Make sure you head over to The Stampsmith Design Team Blog as well. The DT will be posting more Love and Lace creations, as well as other creations, throughout the month. Great inspiration! 
  I am very exciting about this news! This month's prize is provided by The Cutting Garden in Halifax, Nova Scotia where four members (me included!), of the Stampsmith Design Team will be holding a Stampsmith workshop on Saturday, February 11th. The Cutting Garden is now stocking Stampsmith stamps and invites you to drop off or mail in a project to be displayed in the store until March 31.  All entries will automatically be entered in this month's Stampsmith challenge and draw. Very excited!


This luscious card is entered in: 
1. Gingersnap Creations #134: Supply Challenge: Ribbon
2. Paper Traders Art: All Things Lace


  I've not posted much this month, but I have been busy! Made 4 cards and 3 scrapbook layouts! Still have to make a couple more cards. Will be posting more this month, me thinks! I now have a craving for chocolate dipped strawberries!


Have a great week and get inky! 
Debbie
^..^



17 comments:

craftingcottage said...

Love your card!!! Love the name of your blog! Makes me chuckle every time I see it :) Very lovely work!

inkypinkycraft said...

a gorgeous card, love the colours..good luck with the workshop!!!have fun hugs trace x

Willy said...

Fabulous card, Debbie!

Jingle said...

WOW! That is just beautiful!

Kate said...

What a lovely card! I love the trim and image. So romantic and vintage! Beautiful!

hazel said...

This is such a beautiful card, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Alison said...

A stunning card, love the lace & trim! x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Now that is one gorgeous card!!! Love it!!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

The hostess with the mostess!!! That is you with your first outing as hostess for the challenge and what a fabulous theme you came up with.
I had so much fun creating my DT piece.
Debbie, adore your creation which absolutely simmers with passion lol.
Wishes
Lynne

craftattack said...

Great card Debbie!! Hugs, Valerie

Sharon said...

This is stunning!!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the curled edge... must remember to try that as it always catches my eye when I see it! And I also love how you toned down that 'love' word (I have that paper and it is BRIGHT!) by using the lace. Very clever, Debbie!

Cathy L. Calamas said...

that is a yummy card!! Quite beautiful and subdued. the chocolate rosettes and stamp are wonderful! Thx for linking up at PaperTraders-Art Blog.

Gerri Herbst said...

Oh my...this is so lovely. I adore pink and brown and this is a such stunner. do take care, gerri

trisha too said...

Great card, Debbie! Thank you for sharing it at Gingesnap!

Hermine said...

Its gorgeous

Aimeslee said...

Lovely card, Debbie. Yummy chocolate roses, xoxo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...