Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Whimsical Whimsies!

  Happy New Year and I hope you all got some great inky & distressable stuff for Christmas! I was so disappointed that I didn't get ONE Tim Tag even started! I must start earlier with Christmas cards this year so I can play in the 12 Tags Of Christmas! So. That is New Year's resolution #1!
  I have been collecting paint chips. I have far too many now, and I can't help myself when I go to Home Depot or other hardware stores. I make a beeline for the paint chip aisle and stuff my purse!
  These stamps are just 4 of the 8 in the set called "Les Petites Whimsies" by the artist, Sandra Evertson. I purchased them from Stampington & Co. Stamped them on tones of peachy paint chips.
  The sticker letters are Old Typewriter Keys, Nostalgiques (Sticko) by Rebecca Sower. Love them!
   The background is done with numerous colours of Distress Inks using the watercolour technique. Tissue tape, and all the background stamps; crack stamp in the corners, dot stamp and harlequin stamp, are all TH. Added photo corners and some pearl bling.
   New Year's resolution #2: Use up my paint chip stash! 


This card is entered in:
  1. Gingersnap Creations Challenge: GC133: Chestnut Theme Challenge - Use a Set. You are asked to use a line or set of stamps. 
  2. Simon wants us to use something old, something new. I thought the stamps were Steampunkish (Old) and the paint chips represent New. Simon Says Stamp and Show: Something Old...Something New
  3. The DT over at Crazy 4 Challenges want something new:  Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C118 Try or Do Something New 


Closeups:





Thanks for stopping by! Leave a word or two! Get inky!
Debbie
^..^

Jan. 31st - How awesome! Whimsies was selected as a Ginger Gem! Thank you so much ladies and congrats to the other Ginger Gems, Mary Ann the winner and all who played along! I haven't entered a challenge at Gingersnap Creations for awhile, so this is fabulous!  

22 comments:

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Love your card--the colors are yummy, and all those stamps work perfect together.

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the stamping on the paint chips.

Meme said...

Love your card-great colors!

Sharon said...

Fantastic as always Debbie - great colours!

craftattack said...

Lovely stamps and they look great on those paint chips! Hugs, Valerie

Bev said...

Hi Debbie, I have just Subscribed. I very Luckily came across your Blog from a Facebook Page I was Viewing. I LOVE this card. I myself have a substantial pile of Paint Chips and other than using them for Mosaics they are still just sitting patiently waiting for me to have that OMG moment and then I saw your Card. WHY I ask myself did it never occur to me to Stamp on them??? I have Way Too Many Stamps from 1/2" to 7x5" YET I NEVER thought to put one of them on a Paint Chip. Deeerrr! Anywho now that I've talked your ears off I will go except to say Thanks for the Inspiration and I will be back frequently to better check your other work it looks Awesome..
PS: The Photo of you Town looks Wonderful but not your Temperature I'm from Australia and it is very Hot here just now.Lol.... Beverley..

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Debbie
Love those images stamped onto paint chips. The stamps are just the perfect size, aren't they.
Hope you are having a wonderful week.
We are experiencing gale force winds here - not nice at all.
Wishes
Lynne

JeanFB said...

Oh Wow! This is fantastic - I love these little whimsies on the paint chips, and your gorgeous background. I have that set but haven't inked it yet (there's a New Year's resolution in there somewhere, I can just feel it, ROFL!) Thanks for the inspiration. ;)

PetraB said...

These little whimsies are adorable!

Willy said...

Fabulous creation!

Christine said...

Great card. I collect paint chips as well.

Vintage Page Designs said...

What a fun project - I love how you used the paint chips :) Hugs, Ali

Lisa :) said...

FABUlOUS idea!!! I've got many paint chips I've got to start using them!

KarenMC said...

I have a pile of paint chips too. I really like the way you used them here.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love those Stampington stamps and how you've used them. I can just picture the security cameras zooming in on you in the paint chip aisle!

PsyPenguin said...

Great card! I love those stamps and the zingy colours. Great idea for using the paint chips too. xx

trisha too said...

Love the colors, Debbie--great card!!

One of my New Year's things is to get more inky, and use my stamps more this year!

:)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card with great images.

Lynn Stevens said...

What a great use of the paint chips!! such cute stamps.
Theres always next year for Tims tags!
hugs Lynn

Lynne Forsythe said...

OOOOOHHHHH....what a wonderful idea...and such a Fabby Card.....love the colors...stamping...ohhh just the whole thing!

Thanks bunches for playing along with the teamies of Simon Says Stamp and Show and this weeks challenge!!!

Wax Beach Artist said...

Very pretty! I love the whimsical look and the colors remind me of fun at the circus :)

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Love this, congratulations on being a Ginger Gem

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...