Friday, December 30, 2011

Star TriFold Birthday Card

  I talked to my cousin Bev yesterday and she received this card, so it's safe to post! I made it for her birthday, which was December 29th. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!
  This past year, a friend and very talented paper craft person, Valerie, gave a class at Photo Memories, a scrapbooking store here in Halifax on how to make this gorgeous Star Tri-Fold card. 
  If you are in the Halifax area, there might be kits available at The Cutting Garden and there is a good video on YouTube HERE
  
Here are some more photos: 
The area beside the fairy, is where I wrote the greeting.

I made a pocket and inserted 3 old photos of Bev and I growing up. I matted each photo and added photo corners. This photo is a bit blurry, but it's my favourite photo of Bev & I. I'm the one with hardly any hair!

These 2 photos are the envelope; front and back:

Entering this creation in the following:

New Year's is just about here!


Get Inky!
Debbie
^..^

21 comments:

Lori Turner said...

That is truly lovely!! Thanks so much for sharing! Happy New Year! Lori T in Georgia

Jingle said...

This is so very pretty!

Cheri said...

This is gorgeous, Debbie and I'm sure your sister must have been thrilled to receive it. I must try one of these. TFS.

Janet said...

Debbie your card is fabulous,I've never seen this type of card before.
Happy New Year
Janet x

strangely creative said...

Oh its brilliant, so different and unusual.

Von said...

What a fab design for a card and decorated to perfection :)
Thank you for sharing it with us at Just For Fun
Von xx

Zoechaos said...

Hi Debbie wonderful to see you and Happy New Year. This special card is gorgeous and thanks for the link to the tutorial. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Ally White Cat said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is so marvelous ! I think it is beautiful . so beautiful,I am intrigued by the folds the perfection all of it. So wonderful.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Debbie, wonderful creations.
Wish you a great weekend and a Happy New Year. :)

kaya111 said...

Awesome card!

Jean Straw said...

This is a really lovely card, so pretty and unusual. Jean x

Sandra's Spot said...

Gorgeous card,I just love the little pocket. I really mut give this a try, thanks for sharing the tutorial. Happy New Year. hugs Sandra XX

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Debbie
This is just too special, lucky Bev.
Never tried to make such a card before but I was lucky enough to receive one earlier this year.
The envelope is such a perfect touch.
Wishes
Lynne

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh my- this is magnificent! You certainly are one talented artist- and your family- well- I hope they appreciate your talent! Wow! Happy New Year!

PetraB said...

This is so exquisit and lovely! Your cousin must be delighted.

Sharon said...

Stunning Debbie!

KOLOROWY ptak said...

WOW!!!! Awesome card!
I wish you the fulfillment of all dreams in the New Year. Hugs, Monika

FAKAYHA said...

This special card is gorgeous and thanks for the link to the tutorial.


Plastic Cards
Plastic Card Printing

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow, Debbie, that is stunning! I love the lace on all the panels and then the inside is just plain gorgeous. That pocket with the photos is brilliant! She must have been so thrilled to receive this piece of art!

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Debbie, this turned out beautifully!! I'm so glad it made it to it's destination safely through the mail!! Wishing you the happiest of New Years! 2012 is gonna rock!
Hugs,
Val :)

Neet said...

Hi - nice to see you again and with one of my favourite shaped cards. This is a real beauty that you have made.
Thanks for joining us at JFF. Hugs & Happy New Year, Neet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...