Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shabby Chic Christmas!

   I know. I love these stamps and I had to use them again! 
  Made this for my friend and co-worker, Louise. Since tomorrow is the last day we see each other until the New Year, I gave it to her today. I also couldn't wait to post it!
  It started out as a tag I cut out of a file folder, using Tim's Tag & Bookplate die cut set. Then, using his music stamp, stamped all over tag. Crumpled some beige tissue paper and secured to tag using Mod Podge; leaving it clumpy here and there. Spread some Rock Candy Crackle on top; using heat tool; then ripped off excess tissue, leaving some ragged edges. 
  Inked edges with DI Vintage Photo and Iced Spruce (love this new colour!)
  Before I put a back on it, I ran a tape runner along edges on the back and stuck the ribbon to it; bunching it here and there. Ribbon from Dollar Store. Then I cut out another tag using DP and stuck to back. Photos of back are below.
  The angel and sentiment are part of Tim's Christmas set, Joyful Song. Chalked her face, arms and hair. For her dress, I used DI Iced Spruce and a water brush. Glued her to Grungepaper and cut out again; popped with foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on text DP from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas 6x6 paper pad. Sprayed with Sheer Shimmer Spritz Sparkle; inked edges with DI Iced Spruce; glued onto Grungepaper; cut out again; popped up with foam squares.
   Mini ornaments from Dollar Store. Tulle was ripped and attached. Great fun putting this together! Lots of layers!
  Closeups and the back of the tag:

I used Stickles Platinum on her wings and some on tag dropping onto the large "A" in the sentiment.
The ticket is blank on the other side, where you can jot down a greeting. Ticket was made from Tim's Mini Tickets die set. DP is from my stash of unknown origin!


This tag is going in a couple of challenges:
1. Our Creative Corner: All Ruffled Up Theme
2. Take A Word Challenge: Joy


Have a great week! Get inky!
Debbie 
^..^

14 comments:

Anita Houston said...

This is outstanding!!! What a lucky recipient! It is so nice you did the back as well...so many do not do that. I love the mini ornaments...where did you find those?

Hetty said...

WOW!! This is beautiful. I like the color combination and those little embellishments, so cute!
Frond AND back are great to look at.

JeanFB said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the rich, vintage look of this tag - the wonderful ribbon, the music and tissue paper background, those cute little ornaments - all fab!

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Very, Very pretty, you friend will go ga-ga for this.

Lucy Edmondson said...

wonderful use of the angel.

lucy x

craftattack said...

Beautiful tag! Hugs, Valerie

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow, Debbie this is fabulous! Love how you colored your angel and of course, the ruffle. I need to make those tuck-in pockets on the back of mine. They add so much! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week.

inkypinkycraft said...

This Is beautiful, gorgeous colours and love the way everything has come together to make a fab piece, love it! Trace x

Sharon said...

Stunning Debbie!!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, vintage, gorgeous, and shabby tag....I am in luv...lol...hope you have a fabby day!

enjoy *~*

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic take on Tim's tag, love the angel.

Vicki B. said...

just beautiful, love the colors, thanks so much for joining us this week at the OCC.

PsyPenguin said...

Gorgeous tag! I love the idea of putting a little pouch on the back for a message too. xx

Anne Marie Hile said...

Debbie, this is absolutely stunning with so may fabulous details. Wow! I just love those little ornament accents. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...