Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dozens Of Ukrainian Cousins!

  Well, not that many! I'm part Ukrainian on my mom's side. This year, I sent all my first cousins and family members basically the same Christmas tag; different colours, but the same layout and stamps. 
  I used the largest doll from the Hero Arts Russian Dolls acrylic stamp set.  The Matryoshka or nesting dolls are very popular in both Russian and Ukrainian culture.     
  When Stampin' Up! released their "Hello Doily" stamp I had to get it! The doily is the pineapple pattern. My mother crocheted doilies in her sleep! We had a doily under everything! This was one of her favourite patterns. 
  
So here is a sampling of some of the tags I made.


  I "paper pieced" the nesting dolls; stamped on pattern paper; then on white cs. I used chalks on her face and red and green Copics on her scarf. I then cut her head and scarf out and glued her to the pattern paper body.

 Here is a back view, showing the pocket with the ticket, which is blank on one side to write a greeting:


  I had to keep the bling down to a minimum as I had to mail them all. A lot of fun to make and remembering mum as I made them. Hope you all are "gettin' her done"! 
Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas!
Debbie
^..^

12 comments:

craftattack said...

Love your doily dolls, beautiful! Valerie

inkypinkycraft said...

Fab tags! Happy Christmas trace x

Sharon said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debbie!!!!!

Lindart said...

These are SO cute!! I love them! Have a Merry Christmas!

Jingle said...

These tags are SO STINKING ADORABLE! I love them!!!!

The Journey said...

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Wax Beach Artist said...

Very cute little dolls! I hope your holidays are wonderful!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling tags! I love the medallion background for the cute doll image!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Debbie
Oh these are too cute and so much fun.
I am wishing you and yours the most wonderful festive season. Hope Santa is good to you and delivers lots of fabulous crafting goodies to your chimney!!!
Wishes
Lynne

Karen McAlpine said...

The tags are so sweet and turned out fabulous!!! Love them!

Ally White Cat said...

I love your nesting dolls oh my goodness they are wonderful tags.

Merry christmas

susan s.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful tag, love the pocket idea. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...