Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thoughts of Ribbons & Lace

   I really love this stamp! Her name is Serena and you can purchase her at The Stampsmith Online Store. She comes in another pose, which I must get!
  I don't use pattern paper much any more. I also don't buy singles. I have learned my lesson! I buy sets, or pads because you know all the paper in that package or pad will match. 
  I'm also "saving" my favourite paper sets. Why? I don't know! What if I use them all and then I find out I can't get them anymore? What then?? What would I do? Funny how the mind works! 
   This gorgeous paper set is from Pink Paislee, the Butterfly Garden Collection. Love it! So ethereal and airy! The butterflies are from a sheet of paper within the set, which I cut out and popped up with foam squares.
  The satin ribbon with the beads is from Michaels, and the crochet lace is from the Dollar Store. Added some mini pale peach pearls and used the EK Success photo corner punch.
  Love chalk on these photo images! I use the Pebbles sets in the Metallic Creams and the Pearlescents.
  Make sure you hop over to the 1st Anniversary Blog Hop at The Stampsmith Challenge. It's not too late. You have until the end of the month. Look for the "Girl and Her Kitty" button on my sidebar to take you there. You could win some serious rubber! And, while you're there enter the Ribbons & Lace challenge! We would love to have you join us!


Here's a closeup. Click on photo for larger image:
Thanks for stopping by! Always love a comment or two! Have a fabulous week!


Get inky!
Debbie
^..^

17 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Beautifully done. You've coloured her so well and she IS beautiful. Love your flutterbies x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful romantic card.

Shar said...

Gorgeous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your cards- both ways are fabulous! Love the beaded edging alot too. Oh- I just noticed your poem on the upper Rt of your blog- my Mom's cousin is buried there.

Sharon said...

Stunning!!!!!! Gorgeous butterfly - love the lace and beaded fringe!!

craftattack said...

Lovely card Debbie, love all the beautiful details! Valerie

inkypinkycraft said...

Great card, this is lovely a real vintage feel! Trace x

Marjie Kemper said...

She is beautiful! Love the way you've colored her and all the layers on your gorgeous card.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Debbie
Could I relate to your post and also great minds.
I have the Serenas laid aside to post!!! The cards are variation on a theme. I will hold them back for a wee while and make something else.
Gorgeous colours and how I lol because I am the exact same as you. I have paper from when I first started (5 years ago) but oh how I am changing as I am now using and enjoying pattern paper. It is a bit of an illness isn't it!!!
Fabulous card in every way.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. Hope you had a good crafting session at the weekend making the tags.

Jack said...

I love this image. And the ribbon is just gorgeous. Stunning card. xx

Bubbles said...

The stamp reaLLY IS LOVELY... BUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE WITH HER IS TRULY GORGEOUS!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh lovely! Love it! Kim

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debbie, I love how you have coloured Serena (which is the most beautiful stamp ever) x

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is just gorgeous.

Maria said...

This is lovely, and you've coloured her beautifully with the chalks. Maria x

Rebecca Stiles said...

Love the sparklies on the ribbon! One of my favorite color combinations!

Ephemera said...

I love the serena stamp too she is so gorgeous, and another favourite is the pink paislee paper and they work so well together, will have to try using chalks on my photo stamps as the effect is stunning. XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...